Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older bottle of Markron Bullet and Primer Sealer that was thickening up. Just got off the phone with the co. that makes it. Was told it can be thinned out back to original consistency by adding a bit of Lacquer Thinner to it. I was cautioned to add just a bit at a time or as the lady Jan said "a little goes a long way". Great product, probably the best for sealing ammo for weather and long term storage. They do sell a thinner for the sealer, but Jan told me what they use to save me a little money, probably because I'm local, so I thought I would pass it on.

Markron Bullet and Primer sealer

Registered
Lacquer thinner is my go to on many issues that need thinned. I typically use some finger nail polish for primers. But, i am a cheap skate.
kwg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That there is a good tip. Have you ever tried a dunk test in water? I'm thinking one might be in order for me.
Do you have a favorite color that works best for you? or do you grab what you can when the mrs ain't looking. LOL
Seriously I like the idea of using the nail polish. Markron has a set with multiple colors, which can be useful for identifying different loads. Been thinking about more long term storage for some ammo. But at $25 for the set, the nail polish looks like a pretty good deal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts