Perfect Union banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.”

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
I don't know what to make of these posts and even though they are good quotes I hope they disappear quickly from the front page. Maybe somebody hit the juice too much yesterday.

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
on my ignore list now. When somebody can't even post their own thoughts and opinions they go into the freestuff zone.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It is elitist comments like these that drive newbie away--and others. Just because they are not his thoughts does not mean they are not worth to be posted. I like some really old ones like "turn the other cheek".
ETA: might as well stir the pot a bit more--then there is one--better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. On the other side is Will Roger's words---"never met a man that I did not like"

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
It is elitist comments like these that drive newbie away--and others. Just because they are not his thoughts does not mean they are not worth to be posted. I like some really old ones like "turn the other cheek".
ETA: might as well stir the pot a bit more--then there is one--better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. On the other side is Will Roger's words---"never met a man that I did not like"
Not elitist, a realist. If you want to come here on PU and post quotes from past patriots I have no issue, just do it in the most relevant category. I was once a newbie and studied the forums before posting. If a newbie can not figure PU out then they are either ignorant or stupid and BTW -06 and TampaNative just got added to my ignore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.