Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems this Russian stuff is only bad for M4's with their short gas tube and different timing of the bolt and wold casues FTE with them rifles...

MINI are fine with this stuff.

All the big time shooters use this cheap ammo... No one is wasting top dollar with over price ammo.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tulammo is not under powered at all, just bi metal steal core under copper jacket.

Cheaper then dirt you can get 500 rounds for 99 bucks. shipping for me is 20.95.

it works out to about 24 cents a bullet.

should be .02 a round, but it beats the rip off on US made crap.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
FWIW, I just picked up 700 rounds of Federal XM193 from CTD for $200. $0.28/round, sold in 20-round boxes, but still a bargain. Beats the hell out of Wolf/Tula/Bear...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is a good deal.

I seen Federal 223 for 6.19 a box =.30 cents but with shipping it pushes it up to 35 cents a round.

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is also true

Never bought it. Not planning to. M855 62gr. works just fine for me.
Remember: KISS ... keep it simple stupid. :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
gander mountain has the Federal AE 55grs go on sale for $200-$250/1000 after rebate from time to time. just have to catch it on sale.

ive been shooting the surplus m855 and reloading to match m855 specs. after watching the video, it makes sense to have some lead core ammo and some factory loaded ammo for the JIC.

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
Tula short strokes in my mini. Every shot. I have recoil buffers front and back. Nothing else Ive ever shot does that. Not any factory loads or my handloads. So in my opinion, its very underpowered. There is no other explaination for why it was short stroking. That was my one and only and last experience with russian ammo. I dont care how cheap it is, you get what you pay for and I dont want it in my rifle.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I would rather buy made in the USA ammo as a matter of principal. No interest in sending money to a still-corrupt political system that continues to hate us.

Palmetto Armory regularly sells Federal .223/5.56 for under $6/bx..which is perfectly acceptable to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Spend your hard earned dollars on "American Made" products! It goes to other Hard Working Americans!

Support American Products! Buy American! Buy Local! Stay out of walmart!

·
Registered
143 Posts
The real question is why aren't the American manufacturers making affordable steel cased ammo? The market and demand are huge and surely they could make it cheaper than shipping it here from Russia. Plus cheap ammo means more people shooting more which is better for the whole shooting sports industry. Until they get it, I'll continue supporting my local gun store (which employs my neighbors) by buying Silver Bear ammo there rather then send my money off to a mail order company which will not leave any money in my community. With the money I save on Russian ammo I can go support some local restaurants as well and help out my community. It's all relative, really.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spend your hard earned dollars on "American Made" products! It goes to other Hard Working Americans!

Support American Products! Buy American! Buy Local! Stay out of walmart!
I am all for that. But I see a lot of people accepting high prices for American made, when they do not have to waste so much money in shipping materials, and we all know they operate on JIT inventory systems their is no reason under the Sun American made stuff should be charging a premium.

If anything USA made goods should be cheaper then imports.

It is all marketing BS and I dont accept it.

Americans earn minimum wage. if you earn more then that, they evil companies will lay you off and replace you with someone who earns minimum wage, so they sure the hell dont ay US workers a premium.

All you money just goes to make the evil owners rich.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
You get what you pay for.....quality ammo or junk ammo.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
^ What he said.

Regardless of where the money goes, it makes more sense to me to pay slightly more for ammo that I know is (1) cleaner, (2) less likely to short-stroke, and (3) not going to destroy any of the functional parts of my rifle. Not to mention it's actually copper-jacketed, not copper-washed.

Not directed at anyone in particular (seems we have new folks who take things too personally...), but if the extra $0.03 to $0.06 per round is really breaking the bank, maybe you should shoot less and work more. :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
magog - I really hope you are being sarcastic. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I think there has to be some kind of middle ground between junk and quality ammo.

A buddy of mine shoots nothing but expensive 308, which cost in the $30+ price range for 20 rounds.

Myself, I shoot remington core-lokt that cost anywhere from $13 - $19 a box.

Then there is the monarch/steel cased 308 that cost in the $9 price range.

I do not consider Remington core-lokt junk, but its not top of the line either.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I think there has to be some kind of middle ground between junk and quality ammo.

A buddy of mine shoots nothing but expensive 308, which cost in the $30+ price range for 20 rounds.

Myself, I shoot remington core-lokt that cost anywhere from $13 - $19 a box.

Then there is the monarch/steel cased 308 that cost in the $9 price range.

I do not consider Remington core-lokt junk, but its not top of the line either.
There is a middle ground -- anything with an M or XM, followed by numbers. Not match-quality stuff, but not steel-cased, corrosive junk either.

·
Registered
63 Posts
PMC bronze is what I shoot. It's about 5.80 a box incl. shipping when you buy a case online. When I am caught short, I'll pick up herters or tula which is about the same price per box locally.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Several years ago a buddy of mine bought a bunch of wolf ammo that had a thick lacquer coat on the rounds.

When fired, the lacquer coat heated up, became tacky, stuck to the inside of the chamber and caused the rounds to stick. At least once the case became glued in the chamber. The case was stuck so bad, a rod had to be used to knock the casing loose.

If the ammo says it is "coated" with anything, I will not buy it.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
My M4 carbine loves Wolf Ammo. I have never had a problem with it of any kind. Magog just loves to bust on the AR platform any chance he gets and most of what he posts is nonsense.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts