Perfect Union banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
IDK, Glocks are ok, I guess, but I just don't get the giddy cult following.
Inexpensive, kinda ugly, pedestrian, street cred. Don't much care for the ergonomics.
Everyone has one. But me.
Glocks are what I learned to shoot with, so ergonomics are what I'm used to. I don't care about ugly when it comes to my guns. I'm a fan, but not a giddy cult follower.

·
Registered
90 Posts
it takes a lot of work to get really good with them, and you have to basically remove the 'safety advantage" of the heavy trigger pull, or you wont do really well at matches with it. I've got millions of dry snaps ,draws, and 1/4 million live rds thru cocked and locked SA autos, so I'm not about to "undo" all that training by messing with glock or any DA, etc. You have to manipulate a safety on your longarm, so what's the big deal about having to do so for your handgun?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Gaston doesn't care. He's a multi billionaire. Sam colt resisted cartrdige revolvers until hs death. Glock was so far ahead of everyone else (if yhou can stand that crapping trigger pull) that they have no need to change anything. They sell world wide, so they have no need to give a flying eff what the US military demands. The military probably wont really switch for decades. Same crap as they pulled in the 50's. Smith made the M39 and Colt made the Alloy 9mm Commander for the military and then they didn't buy a new handgun for another 30 years.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont have any glocks ,and never will , but i'll never own any shotguns, non-autos, double stack pistols, either. The only DA pistol I own (Beretta M21 pocket .22lr) has been converted to SA-only and I bought it only because no SA .22 auto was as small and light. The only longarm I own is an AR in 223, and that's the only caliber I'll ever bother to have one in. The wife has a Papoose Marlin .22lr autorifle as her shtf longarm and a P32 Keltec, cause she's a nurse and I couldn't find anything smaller or lighter (that's worth a hoot) for her flashbang bra rig. She weighs all of 100 lbs and cant handle more than about 20 lbs of pack and never will be able to do so. most likely. All she'll be able to carry is her armor, those 2 guns, night vision, food and water. There's zero point in kidding myself about that.

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,403 Posts
most popular youtube shooting video EVER
"I just f***ing SHOT MYSELF" !!

Look under "Glock Leg Syndrome" on youtube

Reactions: curt mini14

·
Registered
90 Posts
apparently you haven't watched it, cause Tex shot himself with a 1911, because of the stupid trigger lock on some kydex holster. Do NOT use such holsters and do NOT switch back and forth between cocked and locked SA auto pistols and any other sort of trigger pull/safety. I personally know of two other cases where guys shot themselves by trying to work with both types.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Never had any issues with glock, outside of being a bit ugly. They work and they’re simple. They aren’t dying in any way either... but it’s more fun to shoot most other pistols because the Glock is just a boring duty grade pistol.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The reports of the demise of Glock are greatly exaggerated.:rolleyes:
Agreed another bull crap article. Glock is going nowhere. They are not the best pistol but the best marketed pistol. Glock's keep it simple stupid and price undercutting philosophy has worked for decades. No reason for them to change.

Not a glock fan boi myself but calling it like it is.

·
Banned
7,901 Posts
My son bought a new Glock 43 in .40 S&W for EDC and a 9mm barrel/mags for plinking. First time he tries to change the barrel out he drops the slide onto a rough concrete driveway. I could not see any damage to the slide. I personally don’t like the grip. They’re relatively cheap, reliable, and durable. My cousin has 5,000 rounds through his EDC Glock 19 and has never cleaned it yet and it still goes bang.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts