Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in California, we have the worst gun laws in the United States. Over the years I have worked as a counselor for a non-profit and have been around some of the worst anti-gun and anit-Republican people around.

Well, I live in East Los Angeles, were it can be sort of ruff. The other night my friend and I were coming back from a club when we noticed a truck following us. The truck pulled up next to us and yelled out if we were from a gang. We did not hear them so they proceeded to pull out a gun on us. Once we told them that we were not gang affilitated, they drove off.

The reason for my story is to prove that despite the the tough gun laws in California, it still and will not keep firearms out of the hands of gang members and drug dealers. The strick laws will only hamper law abbiding people.

Despite were I work and and am self employed as a legal service broker, I vote republican and am a member of the NRA. I am used to going against tide.

blzn69
:ar15:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just out of curiousity, was it one of those "EVIL" "Assault Rifles"? Probably not, I know! When I was in the Corps,half my platoon was from "East Los",and I visited the area often. Yeah,we were badass Marines,but that area of town would humble a guy pretty quick. Never got messed with,BUT I did'nt mess with anyone either. Actually,I found the people were pretty nice!
I found this the other day,and it seems to sum up the situation pretty good:
Imagine there are two groups of monkeys and they all have sharp sticks. Now imagine that a bunch of touchy-feely prudes want to take the sticks away from one group; namely the group that you just happen to be in. They're picking on your group because it's too hard for them to figure out where the other group is getting their sticks. What do you do, hotshot. What do you do? Well, I know what I'm going to do:

Start hoarding sticks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by blzn69
Here in California, we have the worst gun laws in the United States. Over the years I have worked as a counselor for a non-profit and have been around some of the worst anti-gun and anit-Republican people around.

Well, I live in East Los Angeles, were it can be sort of ruff. The other night my friend and I were coming back from a club when we noticed a truck following us. The truck pulled up next to us and yelled out if we were from a gang. We did not hear them so they proceeded to pull out a gun on us. Once we told them that we were not gang affilitated, they drove off.

The reason for my story is to prove that despite the the tough gun laws in California, it still and will not keep firearms out of the hands of gang members and drug dealers. The strick laws will only hamper law abbiding people.

Despite were I work and and am self employed as a legal service broker, I vote republican and am a member of the NRA. I am used to going against tide.

blzn69
:ar15:
Man if there was ever a time to have a short double barred shotgun, loaded with #1 Buck.
Driving skills, a good car and good firepower makes for a winning combination in your hood.
Given the situation, I'd have brought the gun up as quickly as possible and let both barrels go one at a time.

Nobody is ever going to draw on me and walk away from it to tell their friends.

If I had to guess, I'd say you were unarmed at the time?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to say that I was not armed. The funny thing is minutes before it all went down, I reminded my friend of what he had told me earlier that night, "where is my mini-14 when I need it". Both my friend and I own mini-14's. I also own an M1a which is what I would have preffered. I agree that those punks deserve a face full of buck shot, but I have way too much to lose.

On a different note.

Consider the following simple economics:

If the government was to renew the assault rifle ban, that would drive up prices of so called assault rifles and create or add to a new or existing market niche. On the flip side of the coin, if the government lets the assault rifle ban expire, it will dillute the profits of assault rifles on the black market, for there will no longer be an element of risk involved in the purchase of assault type rifles and the market will be flooded with them as well.

I had an economics professor state that everything in this world revolves around econmics. I guess she was correct.

blzn69:ar15:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts