Perfect Union banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to collect these years ago and yes I have the bug also.
pete.
1927 tula 91/30 hex ex dragoon

91/59

1940 tula

M1952 hungarian 91/30 non import german proofed (rare)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done some reading on the hungarians.they made the M1952 and most of them were snipers.alot of them were used agaist us in viet nam.there wasn't that many of the M1952 (91/30) made.when they were export they went to germany.very few made it to the USA.most of the snipers are G.I. bring backs.
this rifle was brought back from germany by a G.I. and I bought it off him.he bought it in bad tolz he was special force stationed down there.
I paid him 180.00 for it at the time but was unsure what it really was.I had seen hungarian M-44's but never a 91/30 (M1952).
I have taken it out and shot it with some of my handloads jacketed and cast and it is a excellent shooter.I was told on another forum that this is one of the rarest mosin nagants:D.

pete

·
Registered
34,552 Posts
I knew the Warsaw Pact countries produced M44s during the '50s, but until now had never even heard of a Hungarian-produced "M1952" 91/30, much less seen one. Fascinating relic and really nice collection overall, thanks for posting those.

Found this,

Hungarian M/52 sniper rifles are the rarest examples of the PU family, and, since standard Hungarian 91/30 rifles are even rarer than their scoped cousins, the author is not aware of any counterfeit examples. They are readily recognized by their higher standard of manufacture, a deeper blue/black finish of all metal, and a profusion of "02" (apparently the Eastern Bloc designation for Hungarian manufactured weaponry) stamps on just about every component of the weapon - right down to the shaft of the cleaning rod. Unlike their Russian cousins, the author has found no evidence of any number being stamped on the left side of the chamber, likewise the scope mount components - which also display finer attention to detail during manufacture - are generally unmarked, save for customary "02" stamps. ...
[more]
about 3/4 of the way down the page
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/9130sniper.htm

so apparently, if yours isn't an ex-sniper, it's very rare indeed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I knew the Warsaw Pact countries produced M44s during the '50s, but until now had never even heard of a Hungarian-produced "M1952" 91/30, much less seen one. Fascinating relic and really nice collection overall, thanks for posting those.

Found this,

about 3/4 of the way down the page
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/9130sniper.htm

so apparently, if yours isn't an ex-sniper, it's very rare indeed.
it isn't a sniper,it has never been drilled or tapped for the PU scope mount.everything on this rifle is stamped 02.:D.
thanks
pete

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ich kaufte den 91/30 von einem Freund / Sammler in der ohio.the M 44 ich kaufte in einem Pfand-Geschäft für 129.00 hier in der texas.every Pistole-Show, dass zu ich gehe ich bin der Kerl beim mosin Tisch, der die Pressstücke und Daten überprüft. Ich kaufe jeden Ostdeutschen, den ich wenn in guter Form finden kann. Ich war auf der ostdeutschen Grenze, während ich in der Lufttruppe 2. ACR war.
Pete

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Ich kaufte den 91/30 von einem Freund / Sammler in der ohio.the M 44 ich kaufte in einem Pfand-Geschäft für 129.00 hier in der texas.every Pistole-Show, dass zu ich gehe ich bin der Kerl beim mosin Tisch, der die Pressstücke und Daten überprüft. Ich kaufe jeden Ostdeutschen, den ich wenn in guter Form finden kann. Ich war auf der ostdeutschen Grenze, während ich in der Lufttruppe 2. ACR war.
Pete

Tucher Pils!!! oops, I mean Toujours Pret!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts