Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ammo.com
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One of our Resistance Library readers reached out to us recently and shared a BBC article that they found interesting. They said it reminded them of our piece Prescription For Violence: The Corresponding Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs & Mass Shootings and thought it supported some of the connections made there.

They've been linked to road rage, pathological gambling, and complicated acts of fraud. It turns out many ordinary medications don't just affect our bodies - they affect our brains.
We thought you all might find it interesting, you can find the BBC article they sent us here: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200108-the-medications-that-change-who-we-are

The story is pretty wild. We wonder how many "Patient Five's" there really are out there. Do you or someone you know have similar stories like this one?

·
Registered
27,307 Posts
Well most of these drugs they use are in the psychotropic category, (From the Greek psycho-, the mind + trop, a turning = (capable of) turning the mind) so it really should come as no surprise when we give patients hallucinogenic drugs and then they go off the deep end so to speak.

In fact anything that interferes with the body's natural chemistry is detrimental to one's health, but that's just me.

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,548 Posts
Librium/Valium
Methaquaalone (quaaludes)
Tranxene
Prozac
Zoloft
Lexapro
Xanax
Trazedone
Clonopin

what do ALL these "mood enhancers" have in common ?
they have all either been pulled off the market or are currently under investigation for causing violent rage incidents in large numbers of their perscribees.......

that's not counting narcotics & steroids ( Chris Benoit anyone?)

when my teenaged Son was killed in 2000 I went on Zoloft for 3 years......stopped when I realized it had turned me into a mean S.O.B. that could take a life w/o a second thought. (and enjoy doing it)

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
The hormone drugs I'm on for prostate cancer make me more compatible with "my inner self", meaning greater love. Soothing, but not really causing me to want to buy more shoes. Still have basic colors, that don't include "mauve" and "chartreuse"...

Better than metastatic bone cancer, so I'm good. No muscles, though (zero-T).

Mr. Smirnoff keeps me okay some days...

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,548 Posts
considering how many mass shooters have mental health issues AND mood altering drugs (either taken or refused) in their histories.....I wonder if there is an actual breakdown list somewhere of which mental illness & which medication, by which shooter.

I KNOW this has been studied, but i'm betting "big pharma" greased some palms to prevent the results from seeing daylight......

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Big Pharma and the swamp been in bed forever. The linkages between mass shooters and their medications are well known but never spoken about because it serves their communist agenda of removing firearms from us lowly citizens. Trump needs to address this as a true path forward for making gun free sheep safer.

·
Registered
27,307 Posts
Big Pharma, many Doctors, Pols... hell the entire hellcare industry have become little more than a bunch of whores playing Americans for their hard earned cash, their homes, hell even their lives for some poor unlucky folks. It's a pretty damned sad state of affairs if you ask me.

One day their bill will be due, and it's gonna be a big'un.

·
Banned
5,621 Posts
Big Pharma and the swamp been in bed forever. The linkages between mass shooters and their medications are well known but never spoken about because it serves their communist agenda of removing firearms from us lowly citizens. Trump needs to address this as a true path forward for making gun free sheep safer.
Wow...what a shining example of crystal-clear thinking. Is it the mass shooters or their medications who have the communist agenda?

BTW, virtually any medication you might take has contraindications, and some of these are really scary. Obviously, the answer is to do away with all medications and stop the fluoridation of drinking water, and while we're at it, let's bring back the plague!

Yes, some small percentage of patients have a reaction to a psychotropic that may cause them to engage in some sort of anti-social behavior, like shootings, poisonings, dangerous driving, voting for or actually being Donald Trump. But these meds can and do help most of those who take them. These meds might actually be beneficial to several of the posters here.

·
Banned
8,598 Posts
Hmmm... I don't take any medications beyond the occasional aspirin and a daily multi vitamin... yet I voted for your President Trump, and boy has he proven himself to be exactly the right choice.
The simple fact that an idiot like yourself hates him is more than proof enough.

So what meds do you take, that made you vote for obummer … twice? ;)

Fraudulent, lying, idiot communist... extraordinaire! :D

·
Banned
5,621 Posts
Hmmm... I don't take any medications beyond the occasional aspirin and a daily multi vitamin... yet I voted for your President Trump, and boy has he proven himself to be exactly the right choice.
That you believe such nonsense makes you a candidate.

·
Banned
8,598 Posts
The simple fact that an idiot like yourself hates him is more than proof enough.
That you don't see it makes me smile. :D

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
My nephew is on all sorts of mind altering substances, some proscribed and some not so much. Without his meds he is one violent individual. Likes include stabing people, meth and setting fires (mostly houses). Dislikes include work, or people who think he should work. He is certainly out in left field.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts