Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck has feathers and is buoyant and swims on top of the water it may damn well be a duck. What pisses me off is how arrogant these people are and worse how stupid their followers are ...I think it is time to lobby the manufacturing companies to not do business with them.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Over at THR (TheHighRoad) General Topics, the moderators seem to be astute at dividing fact from fiction.

One of them appears to have debunked this theory about those agencies' alleged hidden agenda purpose here, at least in connection to the ammo bids, orders and options. Much of the potential order consists of options.
I'm skeptical by nature, but some of the arguments against a shortage created by the govt. seem to be supported by plenty of facts.

I've never owned a handgun, but the US departments seem to use little or no 22LR, .380, 9x18 Makarov etc, and I've read about no evidence that they have bought up these types, among many others such as .25, .32, 7.62x25.

The motivation of Some of those who promote those hidden US department agendas centers on the fact that they are ammo flippers and fear the reappearance of much more handgun ammo on store shelves seen often over the last week (Academy Sports/Cabelas etc), and lack of bids on GB, Armslist etc. Less public anxiety = less $$ in their pockets.

·
ZORT member
993 Posts
If you need ammo to keep certified at the range, I get it. When I was in the military we had to keep proficient.

BUT......That much ammo in one buy.......They had to know what that would do to the minds of the people. I don't understand why the government keeps doing things like this knowing that more people will buy. Even at inflated prices. So in turn they are making "we the people" arm ourselves for what is to come.

Wait........If we arm ourselves, they come to confiscate what we have, they don't have to pay for it and get to use what they took possession of.

·
M.I.A.
1,474 Posts
If it's going to the Mexican border, I'm all for it.:D
I'm not, it probably means WithHolder and his little uber-henchmen are letting it flow to drug cartels across the border "to curb the tide of illegal ammunition". Only a matter of time before that scum starts killing more border patrol agents, and little kids at birthday parties.

·
ZORT member
993 Posts
To expand a little bit more on what I wrote earlier.

Persons in this country LEGALLY have a duty to protect our way of life. If you don't like this country and for what it stands for, you have no business here and you should get on the first plane out. If you still live here and don't like this country, you need to keep your mouth closed. You have no business spouting lies and half truths. This especially includes the government. They have forgotten what a great country this is. Forgotten what makes this country great.
All they see is dollar signs. It is sad that we are where we are currently in this country.

·
Registered
36,097 Posts
We have another fantasist like AlwaysWrong here. :rolleyes:

Persons in this country LEGALLY have a duty to protect our way of life.
Show us that law.

If you don't like this country and for what it stands for, you have no business here and you should get on the first plane out.
My definition of what this country stands for is antithetical to yours. You get out.

If you still live here and don't like this country, you need to keep your mouth closed. You have no business spouting lies and half truths. This especially includes the government. They have forgotten what a great country this is. Forgotten what makes this country great.
All they see is dollar signs. It is sad that we are where we are currently in this country.
And take those multinational banks and corporations that have no regard whatsoever for this country with you.

·
ZORT member
993 Posts
We have another fantasist like AlwaysWrong here. :rolleyes:

Show us that law.

My definition of what this country stands for is antithetical to yours. You get out.

And take those multinational banks and corporations that have no regard whatsoever for this country with you.
No law required for the duty to keep the way of life in this country. Why are there so many people coming to the U.S. for a BETTER life?

Too bad more poeople don't think the U.S. is a great place. I'm sorry Free that we can't agree on what makes the U.S. the best place to live.

·
Registered
36,097 Posts
No law required for the duty to keep the way of life in this country.
Seems I misinterpreted your statement,
Persons in this country LEGALLY have a duty to protect our way of life.
Persons in the country legally or illegally were a non sequitur from the original topic of the thread, so I wasn't reading the word "legally" in that context, but now I see what you meant.

Too bad more poeople don't think the U.S. is a great place. I'm sorry Free that we can't agree on what makes the U.S. the best place to live.
I don't believe telling those protesting what's wrong in this country to "keep their mouths closed," and to "get on the first plane out," are what make the U.S. the "best place to live."

And it's very ironic, because so many conservatives complain about the direction this country is taking, and claim "liberals" want to "silence conservatives."

As for dollar signs, I might agree that too many worship at the altars of the almighty dollar. And so many Americans are far more invested in corporations that have no sense of responsibility for this country at all, than they are in protecting and improving the country they call home.

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
any country w/a higher living standard than the US (there are a few) is very restrictive of firearms ownership rights with very few exceptions, the only one being switzerland IIRC
a nieghbor's wife is swiss, he has visited her people there - says they have laws even on placement and type of flowers allowed around dwellings in towns! flower nazis now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.