Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well I have done some study of this subject.There are 4 types of mounts for the stock Mini 14.1 Drill and tap reciver mounts"made by many companies"2.non drill and tap mount that replaces rear peep sight"must remove rear peep sight " made by Weaver"sucks,uses a rear tighting taper screw that can stripout very easy,and doesn't hold zero."Millet looks good and has a solid company rep. behind it,S&K "this is the one I have and its rock solid ,nice mount"3 non drill and tap that replaces side plate.Eagle and B.SQ. both are very simelar"I really don't have any experence with these mounts"I have seen them thats all.Maybe someone else can put input?4 scout type mounts"you need a scout scope or pistol scope" Aimtech mini 14 scout rail,ranch products scout mount"this replaces upper gas block and a Weaver mount cantilvers back over hand gaurd,its one unit"Most of these mounts can be seen on Brownell's site or the company that makes them.The one you said was at Bushmaster is the Eagle mount.hope this helps.And please forgive me for my bad spelling,I suck at it.Aldo

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes Millet, and S&K have websites,my I reccomend using the hotbot.com search engine.Try putting in S&K+scope+mount this ussally works for me.Aldo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts