Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Arms Room makes a couple of different heavy top strap gas block replacements.

One is smooth and actually looks really nice on the Mini. The other has a dovetailed front sight installed on it.

They are made out of 303 stainless steel and look well made. Has anyone tried either? I've include a link to the website and products.

Products/Ordering

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lee makes a very high quality product.

I had one mounted on a Mini-14 that I sold a couple of years ago.

The stuff looks real good. Makes an extended mag release too with an included slave pin (which is really cool).

That was a nice looking Mini you had. The paint job set's it off nicely. Did you have any issues with the longer barrel and the sight radius?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
That was a nice looking Mini you had. The paint job set's it off nicely.
Thanks. GunDoc did the work on it (Duracoated after he cut, crowned and attached the muzzle brake.)

Did you have any issues with the longer barrel and the sight radius?
Not quite sure what you mean by this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks. GunDoc did the work on it (Duracoated after he cut, crowned and attached the muzzle brake.)

Not quite sure what you mean by this.
I believe what he is asking is did the shorter sight radius affect your iron sight accuracy vs the original longer sight radius?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe what he is asking is did the shorter sight radius affect your iron sight accuracy vs the original longer sight radius?
Yep, that is what I was asking, just in not so many words. Thanks for helping out there! :)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Not that I noticed. But I'm not a bench-rest-paper-target kind of guy.

Although the reduced sight radius potentially decreases accuracy, the narrower front sight increases it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, thanks for the info! I may be changing the direction I was going with some mods on my Mini now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts