Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 1st time sender, just signed on, but I have been reading for a few weeks now. I have a few mini 14's, pre and post band and I love them. Being a south paw I like the safety and mag release. Plus its nice not to have the brass flying right in front of my face. I did have a primer blow on me at the range one day as I was popping off a few rounds in my Bushmaster V Match and I did not like the fire ball came with it. Anyway, I have gotten good info and intell from you guys and wanted to say thanx. The pix of the mags made my day last Fri. A few months ago I picked up a pre-ban fully loaded. Folder ( Buttler Creek ), flash hider with lug and knife to go on it and so on. I put $550.00 into it. The guy said he would give me 3 after market mags to go with it. The mags where not marked. I took them to the range and they seemed to work fine. Well, last week I took a look at the pix of the mags and found out that they where all made by PMI. I took my other PMI's out and matched them up and sure enough they are the same. So thanx for the pix. Before this I just though they where run of the mill after market mags. I do have a little input about one thing. I do not like the front site that Ruger puts on the mini's. So I did a little looking around. I was at a show and played with a site from Eagel. And I picked one up out of Brownells. They have it listed as a muz. break and not a flash hider. So it is good to go on post bands. I love the the H&K post and ring. When I do a little shoot and scoot with it, the front site hits center mass with out using the rear peep. At 25 ft or so its only a few inchs hi. If you are in a hurry, thats good enough with a double tap. And unlike some other replacement sites all you have to do it knock out the old pin, slide off the site, slide the new one on, drive in the new pin and use a little lock tight on the bottom screw. All finished in 10 min. Anyway, thanx again and I may be back on from time to time.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey camera man, the incident with your bushmaster, is why I always wear glasses. You never know when a little lead, and some hot gas will take out the eyeball.
I like my PMI mags as well. They haven't failed yet.

I may be back on from time to time.
Are you going somewhere? We would like to here from you, when you do something to, or with your mini. The total contributions from each member on this forum is our strength. So don't be a stranger! ;)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have not had to think about covering my eyes for years now. I got my 1st pair of glasses in 4th grade. I always make sure I get lens that will hold up to all the games we play. Thanx for thinking about me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts