Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to extend a big thanks to all those that contributed to the mag descriptions and photos page. It is really cool to be able to look and see what you really have. I had just recently bought some Masen mags and had them arrive in a plain plastic wrap with no markings. Another person posted that the ones he received from the same company were junk and when he fired his Mini would fall from the rifle! I was worried that I had been had. After seeing the pics, I can confirm that I received Masen mags. Every part on it is identical to the pic posted on this site. This guy who had problems must have bought a faulty mag or either has a rifle that has a very loose mag well, because mine fits great (with a quick snap) and works flawlessly. I sure am glad I bought them and equally glad you posted pics because without them I would have always had doubts as to what brand of mags I have. Thanks guys!

op-rod

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi
I thought that John Mason would have the names on the side of the mag, I have just ordered 3 x 30 rounds & I hope they will work well.

The photos that I have seen, will help me in seeing if they are true John Masons mags. thanks

:2guns:

·
Registered
716 Posts
You will like the fit and finish of the Masen's. I haven't tested it on the range yet, but I dare say they are better quality than Ruger Factory.

·
Registered
689 Posts
For some reason hardly any of the after market manufactures ever stamped the mags or floorplates with the company name. Most of the Scherer mags I have are stamped MADE IN U.S.A. And I'm sure someone who does'nt know better will call them USA mags. Also none of my Fed. Ord. mags have any markings. I heard the last of the PMI mags did'nt have the floorplates marked with their name.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I really do not understand why they do not put there name on the magazines, advertising there name would increase in the product sales, well this is what I think. Think about BMW cars, if they did not have there name on the product.

Question: how long should the magazines take to deliver, I have paid with my credit card last week 26th Feb, it is international, not local mail within the USA.

:ar15:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
WOW! I just saw the Mag gallery, It is awsome!. I really appreciate all the work and trouble you guys went to for this forum. Thank You All. Flak, I can confirm that the last of the PMI (Precision Mag Industries) Have absolutely no markings anywhere. I bought 2 no marks. Maby the Alkida made em? I haven't added to this forum before, as I'm currently working on the accuracy side so far, but in acouple more weeks I'll be finished, and shoot some rapid fire, and work out all the bugs on this end. Looks like you guys have the mag issues whipped!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I looked at a couple of old aftermarket mags that I have had for a while, both of which function 99%. It never occurred to me because of the floorplates, but they are EXACTLY like the Precision Mags that Flak2 sent me - same weld points, same tab configuration, same follower. They just aren't stamped on the floorplate. I must conclude that they are indeed both Precision Mags... Until mentioned by cajungeo, I never would have put 4 and 6 together... :confused:

To answer gunrunner12: Do you think it may be possible that the magazines without the markings are actually illegally manufactured post-ban hi-cap mags????? Not to say there's a conspiracy or anything, but come on... Money is money!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Satan they might also be old Federal Ordnance mags. The Federal Ordnance mags I have don't have marked floor plates and never did as far as I know. If anyone cares to look in Magazines for sale posts on this board you can go to the post by okydoky that reads- PMI 40 rounder for Ruger Mini 14. the post was on 2-12-2002. When the picture opens you'll see the wrapper is almost identicle to a PMI, but reads Federal Ordnance. You can't tell the difference between the two brands. All spot welds are the same and they were made on the same tooling.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have bought Fed Ord & PMI's new in the wrapper and they are exactly the same. Only the wrapper is slightly different. And some PMI's have marked floorplates, and some don't. Once you take them out of the wrapper & mix them up in a range bag:confused:

Got to figure somebody bought the old tooling & such...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts