Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get information on Texas and area gunshows/shoot-outs/get togethers, etc. I have seen a lot of Texas people on here as well as New Mexico, Oklahoma, Louisianna, and Arkansas. I just havent seen this area get much use. Anyway, if you got any dirt to let me in on, please do. And if youre from Texas, please sound off.

lima-charlie

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
hbrigiii said:
Any relation to the Terry Bigham who passed away down here a few weeks ago??? I only slightly knew him but my nickname is Terry so we were confused a lot. What does L.C. stand for ???
I dont think we are related...at least not closely. My grandad says all Bighams are related so go figure.

lima-charlie stands for Loud and Clear.

I said it so much at one point in my life it is like the only thing I remember about the millitary.

"A millitary term used by the U.S.M.C. (and Navy). Meaning Loud and Clear for two reasons but the most important is that it sounds cool and official."
*The Urban Dictionary

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
psytechguy said:
Hey LC!

I was born and raised in Amarillo. Left and moved to Austin Oct. of '77.

How's my old stompin' grounds?

Mike
Hey Psytechguy! We've talked before. It has just been a long time. You work at UT, you were a Sandie when the school burned down...etc. I am glad to hear from you again and I hope all is well with you. Your old stompin' grounds are doing great!

lima-charlie

· Registered
42 Posts
You can't help where you were born, or where life has taken you. you will like Texas, just please don't try to change it. It is still about 1/2 or 2/3 as good as it once was. Trouble is, lots of people moved here "because they didn't like it where they where" then proceeded to try to change things here? (along with the fed's). They havn't ruint it yet, but they are still trying.
Proud Texan (wasn't born here, but "got here as soon as I could")
I live in Bowie,Texas, (north central, 70Mi. N. of Ft. Worth)

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Well I will be a Texan in 118 more days. I bought 3 1/2 acres outside of Nacognoches, and will build a house.

Strange thing the post office doesn't determine a new address. It is 911 which is managed by the FCC. They had to GPS my survey markers, and then generate an address. Then they notified the Post office of my new address.

Here is Big-Big List of Texas Gun Shows:
http://www.gunfax.com/

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're gonna love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the Big-Big list.

Where are you going to stay until your house is built? What kind of house?

Except for the cost, I wish I was in your shoes!

lima-charlie

· Registered
9,633 Posts
lima-charlie said:
You're gonna love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the Big-Big list.

Where are you going to stay until your house is built? What kind of house?

Except for the cost, I wish I was in your shoes!

lima-charlie
I'll have to rent a place till I get it blacked in and utilities on line, then move in an finish the interrior.

Thanks for the welcome guys. People there do seem to be friendly :D .

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.