Perfect Union banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote Tech-Sight's several day's ago about the RR200 rear sight for the Standard Mini-14. I had actually forgotten about it.

Just about an hour ago or so, I received a response back from Erik Nesseth. I had asked for a front view pic of the sight mounted in the rifle. All the pix I found on the web, were from the back and not the front.

Erik was nice enough to send me four different pix, looking at the sight, from the front.

Figured I'd give him a plug here on PU, and maybe those that have been thinking about a Tech-Sight for their Mini, will now make the purchase after seeing these shot's of the the sight mounted. I'll be buying mine after Christmas.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks to you - and Erik - for the photos. Tech-Sights look great and I hope to get them for both my Minis.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I've got a Tech Sight on my Mini. For better or worse, it's a newer 580 series, not the classic old school pure look of the original Mini 14. Great sight though and a big improvement over the factory Ruger rear sight. Dittos on Tech Sights and Erik.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with the tech sights. I called in and asked to know how much elevation adjustment there was in the rear sight for the RR200, as well as see a pic of the sight with the aperture all of the way up. He sent the following email and pictures, FAR exceeding my expectations.

Tech Sights Bottomed Out

Tech Sights All the Way Up

Each click of adjustment is approximately 5/8 minute of angle. There are a total of 40 clicks available in the elevation adjustment (.216" measured at sight) 25" at 100 yds. As you can see from the two pictures, when the sight is adjusted up all the way, it sits above the protective ears and would be more vulnerable with rough use. Most of the parts are Metal Injection Molded Fe8Ni, making a very hard and tough material. Each part is under spring pressure and will hold zero even if bumped, unlike many of the original mini14 sights.

Thanks for your interest in our sights. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Sincerely,
Erik Nesseth
Tech-SIGHTS, LLC

Attachments

·
Suck it Leftists!
7,938 Posts
Mo-Reaper front sight/muzzle break and rear sight tech sights can not be beat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts