Perfect Union banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

I just picked one of these up. Got it from tech sights. i wanted to get a garand style sling, but didnt want to drill out my gas block on my mini for a larger swivel. i happened to stumble upon this.

Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories

i dont have a usgi sling to compare it to, but it seems to be a quality piece.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have that one on my Mini-14 and one on my 10-22.

It is nice and is just like a USGI sling except for the width.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Too bad the black one is synthetic :(

I have heard the cotton ones dont slip like the synthetic ones

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those folks at Tech-Sights are good... and FAST, too!
I ordered a OD canvas sling and stepped up to the plate for their nicely adjustable rear sight, along with the different size apertures.

I placed the order the afternoon of November 28th by e-mail to their home in South Carolina, and I had all the items in my mailbox today, November 30th, all the way 'cross country in Spokane, WA... that is damn good service! Everything was nicely packed, and it was all there.

I don't mind paying $6.00 Shipping and Handling for service like that! I recommend these folks highly.
Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive strongly considered the sight, but talked myself out of it with the i haven't put enough rounds through it to say i need it yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ive strongly considered the sight, but talked myself out of it with the i haven't put enough rounds through it to say i need it yet.
I went ahead and got the sight as soon as I saw how it was designed and made, because these 71 yr old eyes aren't doing as well as I would like with the factory original peep.

I'm looking forward to trying each of the three included peep diameters in the upgrade kit to see which one works best for me. ;)

The way I look at it, this is pretty much a hobby so I want to make it as "fun" as I can within reason. Besides, each round of 5.56 I put downrange costs me the same amount... why not do the best I can to make it a good shot?

Just like the fact that I can "live with" the factory trigger, but I'm convinced I'll like it better after it's had GunDoc's ministrations performed... so off it goes to MT in the near future.

Just Different Strokes for different folks!
Don

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a similar sling but I took off the swivel hook because it made too much noise for me. I decided to drill out the gas block, which turned out to be really easy and installed locking sling swivels that are much quieter and better looking I think. Nothing wrong with your set up, I just wanted something slightly different. The sling itself works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts