Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Tech Sights Mini200 sights for my Mini 14 (58x) series. The sights are great and much easier to setup than the stock ones. But there is one thing that seems off about them. There is a small gap between the guns receiver and the bottom of the tech sights body. Is this normal? It seemed to be flush fit until I tighten the top flat screw. Then the sight shifts up. Its a small issue, I'm really just checking that I did install it correctly. It just seems odd though. I included a picture.

Automotive tire Window Hood Automotive design Bicycle part

·
Registered
342 Posts
Something isn't right. We're the side screws loose when you installed it?

Picture of mine.
Wood Thumb Engineering Trigger Auto part

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:
I was able to fix the issue by shimming the sight body at the very front. I used the thinnest shim I could find at about 0.01 inches. I then cut it in half and glued it to the underside of the sight body. After reinstalling, the gap is now gone. Just so others know one quick way to fix this issue. Also I have a brand new Mini14 so maybe the manufacturing process changed a little. Let me know what you think. Pics included.

Circuit component Rectangle Cutting mat Font Pattern

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea this is a brand new 584. So im not sure who changed their tolerances but I have a feeling it was Ruger. I know they stopped producing the Mini 14 during Covid for a while. Maybe these are new manufacturing machines or something.

·
Formerly "raf"
3,034 Posts
IIRC, the receiver is an investment casting, and not all surfaces need to be held to tight tolerances. Possibly those surfaces in way of the Techsight are among those with greater tolerances. Glad that you were innovative and got it fixed for a minimum of hassle and expense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts