Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every body, it has been a long time since I have sent any messages but look at the forum 3 times a week.

My question is, has anybody used the
Tasco Pro-point 1 inch tube that uses any kind of 1 inch scope rings. I am thinking about by the Tasco for my ranch and the 1 inch rings they come with.

On a different note, I live in Sissy liberal California and am always talking with friends about how it sucks that we could not own any AR type rifles. My friends do not like the mini-14 too much. I do. I have come to a possible solution to this problem. I think I will buy an M1A scout and make my Standard M1A a dedicated long range rifle. I will use both M1A's for serious duty and mini-14 for plinking. 308 hits a lot harder than 223 anyways.Right????????

That's my 2 cents! :sniper:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey bltzn, I haven't used a red dot on a rifle, but I have read posts of some who have. They seem to like em, but are limited to 50 yds or so, as a fine 3moa dot will cover 3" of the target at 100 yds. etc. If I were going to put a red dot on my mini I would first install a smaller gas bushing, as it GREATLY! reduces recoil so your scope/reddot will last longer.
As far as your friends go, I wouldn't worry about their thoughts on the mini. If you hang a muzzle brake on the end of the barrel, bed the stock, install smaller gas bushing, and get a trigger job, and select the ammo your mini likes, you will be shooting 1 1/2" groups at 100 yds. using a sand bag, not bad for an auto loader. The cost will be only $70 to $100. As far as the mini's reliability, I've read test articles where they coverd the mini with dirt, picked it up and shook it, then fired 20 rds as fast as they could pull the trigger, with NO malfunction. The AR did not fair well in this test. Tune your mini as above, and let your friends rip off a mag. They will want one!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I agree, cajungeo.

The Mini-14 will never be a tack-driver unless you throw a ton of money at it.

It can be greatly improved upon for very little money ($70-$100). But overall, it's just a FUN gun to shoot. And reliable on top of it. Do not be deceived by crappy after-market magazines. These will cause a Mini to jam, but its not the rifle that's malfunctioning, its usually the magazine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts