Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, thought I would stir up the dead scene in the SKS forum. I want to know your guys opinion on the Tapco T6 stock. Is it good, is it flawed, whats its greatest advantage than the wood stock? Just give me something I can look forward to, as I have ordered it and it shall be here in two days, including is the black 20 round magazine. Shoot me some advice and opinion folks,all adviced appreciated.:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was thinking about that same stock myself. I have heard their mags work good, i would like to here how they do for you when you get them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The package comes in one day, so once I get it all fixed onto the receiver. I will
like to bring her to the range and see how she does. I will add a range report and try and scan a target on the computer. ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have a Yugo M59/66 and was wondering if the Tapco T6 stock would fit it and if it comes with the upper hand guard/gas tube? MY Yugo has the folding bayonette, grenade launcher sight, and grenad launcher muzzle brake thing-a-mabob. My question is which Tapco option is best for my SKS. Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
tapco T6

Just got it today from AIM surplus. It came with a gas tube weaver hand guard, The main body stock, Saw type pistol grip, AR-15 type collapsible butt stock. Flat dark earth is the color, more like a deep tan. IT could use some paint, say camoflage look (just need to know how to do that). But the stock looks great and the twenty round magazine that I ordered with it is a hoot. It slips in perfectly and I am going to order two more soon enough. I need to wait till there is some morning light as my camera sucks if it doesn't have enough light. I WILL POST PICKS IN MORNING. I PROMISE:D Yes, It does fit the Yugoslav SKS, as that is what I have.:lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After messing with the camera too long, the camera just isnt good for what its used for. Im sorry. I shouldve used my dads camera, if i can find it. But hey, the stock is excellent and would recommend it to anyone who wants to sup up their SKS platform.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
My only gripe was that you needed a socket to do a field strip of the rifle. I ended up making my own little take down tool from a cheap socket and a T handle set.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes but one warning at the range

theres one helpful hint for the t6 people... Make sure you file the bottom 2 tips off the new handgaurd at the bottom and when you file the new gas tube go slow... but i had noproblem the second time on my sks new hand gaurd gas tube... After i file the front 2 tip off the bottom of the hand gaurd. And my range report make it easy to find the target with the rail on the hand gaurd. Buy it am buying more of them...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have one on my Yugo. I love the way it looks and handles. I also have Tapco 5 and 20 round mags. I'm waiting for my Murrays firing pin setup and Bushnell red dot (hand guard mounted) to arrive. Once that's here I'll be able to give a range report.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I fired about 150 rnds through it today and I'm real pleased. The Tapco stuff all worked well. I do want to get a trigger job though.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I forgot about fitting the front forearm/ gas tube to the rifle. That was a PIA!! Thank god for the dremel god and small hand files!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gunrun45, you are very correct about the gas tube. I am very impatient person and when things get a hold of me and frustrate me, I will break something. I usually tell myself how beautiful the rifle will come out if I don't rush myself. So I learned quickly on this one. I have the stock and I think it's great. Also has anyone done a camo job on theirs? I wanna see some pics on how they came out. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is a Yugo m59 with T-6 stock and Tech Sights rear sight camoflaged in AmStripe. Bipod is just being used as a display stand so is not camouflaged. Bolt is altered for true detachable magazines.

Second Yugo M59 in bullpup configuration w/18.5" barrel and ACU finish. Both rifles are in compliance.

Before everyone jumps on me for modifying one of the most common surplus rifles in the country, both rifles were purchased incomplete with shattered stocks.

Check our website and http://camofirearmfinishes.blogspot.com/ for other camo examples.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice yugo, I'm looking to do my own stock and learn to blend local colors well. Anyone know how to do a good grassland type color? stripped tan with some green in their a bit?:lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hank, the stock is great, only complaint I have of all of this is the buttstock. Very insecure and could've done better. Fit and finish gives the rifle better accuracy with the pistol grip. You can still load the ten round stripper clips into the 10 rnd fixed mag, or you can use them on the tapco 20 rnd. It's all good.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks sharp Mosin Man. As ffor modifying the original rifle, as far as I'm concerned if you want a nice finished piece, start with something good. Mine was missing the GL and bayonet when I bought it but it was otherwise nearly perfect. The finished whitetail gun is nice to carry, looks really cool and shoots accurately and reliabily. I can't ask for much more than that. Best of luck with yours.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My T6 stock must have been a 4:45 friday last batch. It fit well on my yugo {yes I also had to FIT the gas tube} but I also had to DE-Horn the stock. Lots of sharp edges and mold seams. Most I was able to scrape/trim off with my swiss army knife. I like a smooth stock with no snagers. I like it and I feel that it has improved the accuracy of the rifle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts