Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into buying a Tapco t6 or fusion for my Chinese SKS for a while and i was just wondering if the picatinney rail on the top of the gas tube blocks your Iron Sights. I really dont see the use for a Scope or optic unless you are hunting or Sniping. So anybody know if this happens?

·
Registered
164 Posts
No, they don't block the use of the iron sights. Pretty much, the rail up on the gas tube is cosmetic or tacticool. The gas tube is not a stable/solid enough platform to mount a scope of any type to.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am glad that it doesnt, I never liked scopes, to bulky, and hard to get the target in sight if its closer than normal. I dont like the "Look for it" effect that a scope has, not to mention having to worry about whether it is zeroed. With my irons i can see whats close and far, and i dont have to worry if they are "zeroed" because they have certain predetermined settings that i can switch to. all around easier if you ask me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been looking into buying a Tapco t6 or fusion for my Chinese SKS for a while and i was just wondering if the picatinney rail on the top of the gas tube blocks your Iron Sights. I really dont see the use for a Scope or optic unless you are hunting or Sniping. So anybody know if this happens?
UTG makes a great scope mount that replaces the receiver cover, I put my Chinese SKS in a Tapco T6 with bayonet slit and put the UTG scope mount over the receiver and it shoots and handles fine, it's zeroed at 200 yards like a dime...The picatiiny rail on the handguards could be used for lights and other things, but I prefer my scope with little eye relief. But iron sites are fine, I wouldn't buy any scope over $70 anyways, I am not going crazy for optics, just reliability...The only thing with the scope mount receiver cover, is it stays zeroed...and if I want to use my iron sites, I can, there is a hole right under it where you use the sites too...best of both worlds...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts