Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the tapco stock sence they first realsed it, before I even bought my mini . I litterly had one of the first ones that came out. Before they even had the top hand guard , I just put a choate ventelated hand guard which helps keep it running cool and just looks mean. But the bottom removable hand railis what this tip/fix is for. Over the first year or two slidding the bottom rail on and off took a small tole on the fit of the bottom cover of the bottom rail, not much, but enough to anoy me and shake a little back and forth in my hands. So this is what I did, you need to purchase medical grade water proff adhesive tape, in a 10 yard roll, the case is red and white and looks like pipe thread tape. The tape is white and 1/2 " at the drug store. After you have that simply take your bottom rail off MAKE SURE YOU PULL YOUR SLING SWIVLE UP OUT OF THE WAY!!!. Now simply take a strip about 5 to 5 1/2", about 2 in Back away from the pointed top,inside on the botom put down 1 strip straight down the center. When you look at it upside down you should see a 1/2 in of the tape thrught the slits for the release tab. Now put 1 more layer, of the same tape, over the first. This will correct any shaking rattling or wobbling of the bottom for arm. Now the first time you have to put it on, you have to pull the release tab back and out, because the fit will be tight just slowly slied it on and off once or twice. This has remedy the problem on my rifel it has a nice hard firm grip now as opassed to shaking in my hand. Hope that helps. PLEASE PM ME IF IT DID !!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I love my tapco stock too but wtshtf, you might want to cool the tacticool look. The justice department hates the look, and might use it as criteria for taking it. Keep the original stock and a 5 round mag in the case of homeowner checks by the ATF.
They will use any excuse to take your weapon. Enjoy the Tapco tacticool look,
but be prepared to do a quick change upon a ATF visit.
My Hogue overmoulded stock is better bedded and shoots smaller groups. I too live the tacticool look but I won't lose my rifle over it.

Best regards,
oldarmy US Army Jan 1964-Dec 1969

·
Registered
1 Posts
WTSHTF if the ATF is taking "tacticool" firearms what would make anyone think they are safe and will be able to keep their not "tacticool" firearms.The Constitution and Bill of Rights is the law of the land,when that falls how any firearm looks will not matter in the eyes of tyrants.The voters control who is in office when anyone sucking off the gov tit can vote the Republic is in great peril. Best regards old navy vet.

·
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!
11,261 Posts
The BATFE will not be taking weapons, it will be FEMA, supported by local LEO's and your state National Guard. (Example: Katrina.)

And in that case, FEMA et al, took any weapons they considered dangerous, including hunting rifles, old single barrel shot guns and a revolver from an old lady who had it to defend her house. (And was later beaten and robbed, after being beaten and robbed by the FEMA dorks first. Yes, they knocked this old lady to the floor, took her pistol, and then left her to be beaten and robbed by looters later that same week.)

The trick is, when/if things go wrong, how do you respond to force demanding your weapons?

After watching out loony DC leader, and the inept FEMA F'krs with their goon squads, I'm not giving up my weapons to anyone, anytime period.

If you want them, come get them! :)

I figure if they really want them, are they willing to lose their life over that desire? I'm willing, and quite able to defend myself, my property and loved ones thank you very much, go away, you have been warned, the next warning with be following up with the FEMA agent being shot first.

Good day sir! :)

Worked for the Greeks.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm with you Adjuster. I'm willing to die for my liberty and that of my posterity, who's willing to die trying to take it away?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.