Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a few years back I saw an aftermarket takedown pin that acts like a wedge between the upper and lower. Has anyone else ever heard of this or seen one?

:sniper:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's tried the accuwedge but it won't close with it in the lower. There's not a lot of play when it's together, I mean very little, but when it's open for cleaning, there's a lot of play on the front pin. I figure that if there's minimal play when you're firing it, it should be ok. I've never tried to fire mine when it's broken down for cleaning. :D

No Longer Involved
I've heard of front pins that are designed to be tighter, sort of "National Match" front pins. They are a pain to take out, but keep things tighter.

My Oly Arms was like this. Either the receiver hole was too small and tight, or the pin was oversize. It took a punch to remove (my Colt is finger tight), but everything was super-tight when it all went together.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the replies.

THAT'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR!!!! THANKS LTS!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We put the pin from Bushmaster in the rifle today. It tightened up everything. He was actually looking for a front pivot-pin, my fault on the terminology. This took care of the slight play in the rifle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts