Perfect Union banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of my disability, I have way too much time on my hands. With that though, I can do goofy things most of the time, through out the day.

My next Mini will be the Stainless Steel Mini-14 Patrol Rifle. I just love the look of the 18 1/2" barrel with the factory flash hider. Since there are no pix out there with a Patrol Rifle mounted in a Bell and Carlson stock (which I plan to purchase for the rifle), so I had to composite one together.

And that's what I did and this is my end result. Not the greatest job, but it does give me an idea what the rifle would look like in the stock, with a scope, magazine and barrel strut.

The action will be bedded, with a trigger job and possibly a Burris Fastfire III on top of the scope for close range shooting. And if its anything like my other two Mini's, it will perform as a really decent shooter.

Sometime's I wish there was a Santa. :)

Attachments

·
Isolationist Libertarian
1,421 Posts
I have that stock on a 581 RR that I got used with no rear sight. I've been meaning to put in on my tactcal and shoot it with irons to make sure it's worth the bother to buy a new sight. I'll try to do that today and get a pic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I may would rethink the fastfire ontop of the scope. A scope is already high on a mini-14 so that would be nearly unuseable. I would look into something more like the 3 gun shooters use and have it mounted at a angle beside the scope. If you havent seen that done I can try to find a picture to help with a visual.

Otherwise I think your mini-14 plan looks great. I really like the stock and cheek rest as well. I may have to copy you on that at some point. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may would rethink the fastfire ontop of the scope. A scope is already high on a mini-14 so that would be nearly unuseable. I would look into something more like the 3 gun shooters use and have it mounted at a angle beside the scope. If you havent seen that done I can try to find a picture to help with a visual.

Otherwise I think your mini-14 plan looks great. I really like the stock and cheek rest as well. I may have to copy you on that at some point. :)
I got to thinking about the height last night...Red dots need to be low. And I have seen the side mount, great suggestion! Maybe an Amega Scout rail and have the Fastfire mounted on the side of it? Could be a posiblity too.

Copy me when your ready! Would be cool to see something in the works.

I do have the Mini-30...This type of setup could work out nice for it. So many idea's, so little money to make it happen.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have that stock on a 581 RR that I got used with no rear sight. I've been meaning to put in on my tactcal and shoot it with irons to make sure it's worth the bother to buy a new sight. I'll try to do that today and get a pic.
A pic would be great!!!

·
Isolationist Libertarian
1,421 Posts
The stock is about 3/4 of an inch longer and about an inch higher at the back. It works good with irons and better with optics (of course). If I were to leave it on the recoil pad would have to go, hangs on my shirt too much for a tactical gun, other than that it would be fine. As I understand it these are a run of stocks made on old molds and may not be perfect. Do you have a source for one?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the looks of the B&C stock. Think it would work very well with my Mini-30 the more I think about it.

I have located a business here in Oregon called Aftermarket Innovations. They are located in a little town called Brooks. Just a few miles north of Salem, OR.

They have a website, orders are placed through and then, then they place the order to B&C, it then ships directly from B&C. The cost of the stock, with the 14" LOP is $168.00 + shipping. Which isn't too bad. Orders are taking 4-6 weeks, from what I was told.

The check rest is an aftermarket product and can be purchased for as low as $35.00, and then installed pretty easy. Just have to build up enough nerve to drill the two holes through the butt stock.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry about the picture, guess my phone is about dead.
That is a very cool pattern. B&C is no longer offering, which is too bad. It looks really good, especially if the entire rifle has been done.

Nice rifle you have there!

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
I really like the looks of the B&C stock. Think it would work very well with my Mini-30 the more I think about it.

I have located a business here in Oregon called Aftermarket Innovations. They are located in a little town called Brooks. Just a few miles north of Salem, OR.

They have a website, orders are placed through and then, then they place the order to B&C, it then ships directly from B&C. The cost of the stock, with the 14" LOP is $168.00 + shipping. Which isn't too bad. Orders are taking 4-6 weeks, from what I was told.

The check rest is an aftermarket product and can be purchased for as low as $35.00, and then installed pretty easy. Just have to build up enough nerve to drill the two holes through the butt stock.
buy the cheek rest directly from the guy who made them.

this guy: Karsten's Custom Camo

the cheaper ones are knock offs of his design and are made of a cheaper more flexible nylon
His are Kydex and very sturdy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
buy the cheek rest directly from the guy who made them.

this guy: Karsten's Custom Camo

the cheaper ones are knock offs of his design and are made of a cheaper more flexible nylon
His are Kydex and very sturdy.
That is actually the one I have been looking at for $35.00...I've found them as high as $55.00 too. Just depends on the website.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the parts are all the same right. A stainless bolt will work in any old mini 14 right?
Not sure if I follow you on what your trying to get at?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts