Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! What is a good Tactical gun case for my mini 14 with scope, give me some names, and a good sling! thanks Bowie 1953

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey bowie, my gun case is a hard case to really protect my scoped mini, but my use is for hunting. All the hard cases do not seem to be tatical. For a tactical soft case check out: http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/10-22/r...c-4123-mini.asp
I use an Uncle Mikes nylon sling. I use it for holding solid shooting positions, for carring, and for my tactical carry/Quick Draw.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I own several of the rifle cases D&S Enterprises offers as well as one of their nylon holsters for my 629, and I bought a Fobus holster for my Glock 36 from them. They offer very good quality, value and service. Here's the link to their web page:

http://www.gungear.com/rifle.html

Brad

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys!!! What is a good tactical gun case for mini 14 with a scope and a bipod on it, needs alot of room!!! Any ideas?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bowie 1953, I have a Blackhawk Dragbag I use for my sniper rifle. It has fasteners to tie down your weapon, external pockets, and shoulder straps to carry it like a backpack. It protects my rifle from bumps, but not if I drop from a high elevation. I believe it comes in either black or woodland camo. Their website is www.blackhawkindustries.com. I hope this helps. R6721

·
Registered
55 Posts
From experience the BlackHawk products are first rate. If you have to travel at all, or are going to store the weapon in the case, you might consider a Pelican case as an alternative. It will be heavier, but has wheels on the end and is approved for airline travel. Pelican started making containers and flashlights for divers, and has expanded from there. The cases are made of tough plastics, are foam lined, and seal water / air tight. The 1750 model also has two rings for padlocks and wheels on one end for ease of dragging through airports. There are three layers of foam, one top and bottom, and the center layer you can carve out the silhouette of your rifle so it will not move. I've used this setup for several weapons, and wouldn't travel with my rifle in anything else. If you are looking for a case for travel to the range and back, the Pelican case is going to be heavy and excessive, and the BlackHawk style bag would more suit your needs. BlackHawk carries many styles, both classic tapered gun cases and completely square bags that don't necessarily scream "rifle inside".

-davey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts