Perfect Union banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shoooting this gun for some time now. I shoot the T/C 250 grain shock waves with 3-777 pellets. My problem is after the first shot and then reload, but about the last inch or so, it's like the sabot stops and I can push it down any further without alot of pressure and then I think im crushing the pellets once it's seated. Is this normal? I also have the Nikon BDC scope on this gun, of which they recoomend this load for this scope.
Any ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes that is common. 777 leaves a ring of residue and melted plastic from the sabot. That's what you're hitting. I shoot 2 pellets with 245 powerbelts and have much the same problem, but I'm usually able to reload up to two times before it's impossible to reload without cleaning the barrel. When shooting at a range or just shooting for fun, I swab the bore with a jag and a patch soaked in plastic solvent in between shots. But when hunting, I only carry 2 quickloaders. A friend of mine also has an Omega and he swares by Pyodex pellets. I've also heard that the sabots made by MMP for the Savage 10ML II muzzle loader are made with a higher temp plastic, so build up in the barrel is not as much of a problem. I haven't as yet purchased any of them to verify that rumor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts