Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a T/C Icon bolt action rifle in .300 Win Mag about a year and a half ago and after a few rounds were fired the crappy paper thin plastic internal box magazine broke apart and chunks of it fell out.:angry: The material was pathetically thin and cheap and the front of the magazine cracked and broke from occasional contacts with bullet points. The T/C Icon non-magnum caliber rifles were available with a detachable magazine but the magnum rifles had an internal box magazine. My hand load for the T/C has a COAL of 3.55" which is over the SAAMI 3.34" specs. The cartridges fit comfortably in the magazine and fed until the front of the cheap quality plastic magazine cracked and split. My Ruger model 77 Mark II (also in .300 Win Mag) in contrast has a solid steel internal box magazine.
Has anyone else had this problem??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a T/C Icon bolt action rifle in .300 Win Mag about a year and a half ago and after a few rounds were fired the crappy paper thin plastic internal box magazine broke apart and chunks of it fell out.😠 The material was pathetically thin and cheap and the front of the magazine cracked and broke from occasional contacts with bullet points. The T/C Icon non-magnum caliber rifles were available with a detachable magazine but the magnum rifles had an internal box magazine. My hand load for the T/C has a COAL of 3.55" which is over the SAAMI 3.34" specs. The cartridges fit comfortably in the magazine and fed until the front of the cheap quality plastic magazine cracked and split. My Ruger model 77 Mark II (also in .300 Win Mag) in contrast has a solid steel internal box magazine.
Has anyone else had this problem??
I just ran into this problem. Did you find a fix?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts