Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased 2 Contenders with 3 barrels. The recievers are from different years as the selector for the fireing pin is different. One reciever works great with all 3 barrels, the other one locks up any time you close it and is hard to open or requires taking the foreend off and driveing out the pivot pin with a punch. This happens with or without a round in the chamber.
When I take the barrel off I can see that one side of the trigger assembly is slightly bent and the side of the reciever is slightly gouged. Has anyone had this situation and how is T/C about fixing something like this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the site that listed the production dates for Contenders by serial number. The frame that is locking up is a late 1981 product. The other frame is a late 1982 production.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a 14 inch stainless that locked up after installing it and had to take it to my local gun smith. It took him like 40 seconds to fix it. He said it's not uncommon and an easy fix.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a 14 inch stainless that locked up after installing it and had to take it to my local gun smith. It took him like 40 seconds to fix it. He said it's not uncommon and an easy fix.
What was the easy fix? I have had the same problem with one of my Contender's.
Danny

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Correct - When I received my new (used) .41 mag barrel, it would not lock up in my G2 frame. I used an India stone (NOT metal files) to carefully take metal off the top of the locking "bolt". Now it locks up and releases perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts