Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, first time poster. I'm considering a n aftermarket synthetic stock on my mini, haven't had a chance to look at many, and would actually like something with nearly identical LOP and drop as the Ruger wood. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like my Hogue Overmolded stock over the factory synthetic stock the LOP is maybe 3/4" longer for the Hogue.

Good luck
Bushwack

·
Registered
175 Posts
i also put a hogue on mine, it was a simple drop in fit....if i remember tho, you do have to install the forearm liner in the houge, but thats no big deal. it fits right and it looks right. try midway usa for the best price on a hogue, seems like i paid 42 bucks for mine on sale last year, and they are regular around 75 bucks.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum foxmeadow.

I have a Hogue, and like it. It fit a little loose like the Ruger wood stock did, so I bedded it. Fits tight now. We have some good reports on Ramline stocks, they are $35 at Midsouth shooter supply. http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/mini_14_...sories.htmlHave several, but buy somewhere else as they are high. I guess Bell & Carlson is the best but also expensive.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Here's a couple of interesting choices from Butler Creek.

Yeah, I've got some offthewall mini-14 stuff! I got these a couple of years ago from some mail-order Co.
I suspect they were closeouts!!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, if you put that pink one on, the AR-15 gunners would REALLY make fun of you. Of course you'd have the last laugh when you told them you payed 500 and they payed 900 dollars for a gun.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Actually, I think the pink one came with a "schoolgirl type" skirt!!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have a Choate and a Ramline lock arm. On a recent post I went on about how much I liked the Ramline pistol grip, and how much better I thought it felt. I took the thing out earlier in the week and found that parts of the material were chipping off in several locations...piece of crap! Around the arm lock and around the edges of the trigger housing had the wost wear with one pice being about an inch or so of material. So it's back to the choate. hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
SP sorry to hear about your Ramline. If you otherwise like the stock, maby a little dremmel work to remove some material, then bed it with Acraglass, which has real fiberglass.

Hey quad I bet if I went coyote hunting with that pink one, I wouldn't have to shoot em, the coyotes would see it, and drop dead---laughing.
Now I hope I'm not poken fun at one of your favorites. I bet one of the ladies would love it.;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Originally posted by cajungeo
Hey quad I bet if I went coyote hunting with that pink one, I wouldn't have to shoot em, the coyotes would see it, and drop dead---laughing.
Now I hope I'm not poken fun at one of your favorites. I bet one of the ladies would love it.;)
You know how the girls like to accessorize!! They just wanted their mini14 to go with their CCW weapon!!
Would'nt want to CLASH!!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts