Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ruger Stainless SP101 with 23/4 inch barrel.Its a five shot 357 magnum.I used to carry a S&W model37 chief special in an ankle rig.The Ruger is so pleasant to shoot with light loads such as 125gr HP.Shooting the light loads in the Ruger 357 is about as comfortable as shooting the Smith 38.Out to 25yrds with good ammo you can tear a life size target to pieces.Everyone is always talking about how durable the Ruger is,and that they will take severe punishment,and Ruger makes the same claim.I carry it in an akle Holster as a back up gun,ocasionaly Ill carry the Smith.But the durability and accuracy of these little guns are unreal.Does anyone else own one?They say the cylinder locks up at two different places,and I cant remember what they are? And thats one thing thats supposed to make the cyllinder so strong.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The Mrs. carries a S&W 649 in 357 and you would be hard pressed to convince her it is not the best thing since sliced bread.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I concede the Ruger is a better made product but Smith Revos just feel better in my hand. I like the looks of the Smith better as well. The good thing is either way, you're supporting American owners and workers.:usa:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts