Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Woodstock. That's what I thought. I did notice however, that when I attach the new upper it doesn't seem to be as tight a fit on the lower as the original upper is. It has a slight amount of lateral slop to it. Don't know if it's because the lower is composite or what may be the cause.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It more common that an upper and a lower have a slight amount of movement, than to have them fit snugly together.

This is normal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Buy an Accu-Wedge from Bownells. It fits in the lower and creates a tighter fit between upper and lower. They cost about $5 and really work to get rid of any slop. The part comes with instructions and is a real simple install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
dpms ar15

hi everyone, im new to this sight an have a question, sorry in advance if it sounds stupid

I just got my first ar15 and im going to put a new trigger an a heave barrel on it.
since im going to have barrel off anyway I was thinking this would be a good chance to change the caliber
question,,can I change the caliber an how big can I go by just changing the barrel

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't have the answer for you but IMO that is not a stupid question.

I believe that if your only thinking of changing out the barrel, then the inside diameter of your bolt would then become the limiting factor.

Someone will chime in with the correct answer...and welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
likewise... not only AS ABOVE STATES... but changing the caliber of the barrel will most likely require the changing of the BOLT as well... some interchange... some do not. magazine issues are next on your agenda as well... simple?? Can be... sometimes... NOT so...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.