Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the mini-14 nra edition rifle and I'am looking to mount a Streamlight Super Tac flashlight to the side. Any suggestions on which tactical rails to use for this?

·
Registered
351 Posts
For a synthetic stock I would also suggest the option to attach a 3" CCA pictainny Rail to the bottom. The profile of their screws is VERY flat and will not protrude to the liner. You will have an option to mount a rail-rount QD for sling or a bipod.

But I think the Hogue stock on the NRA may be a little different... you should first make sure the CCA rail will fit as nicely as the Ruger stock.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I thought about getting that for my tactical mini but at $78 I couldn't justify it. I bought the ATI Strikeforce stock instead.

I aint too impressed with the plastic rails though. I am looking at replacing the side rails with metal ones. I don't plan on using a bottom rail. I drilled through the lower cover and installed the sling swivel stud.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Just a note, I tried that railed gas block. My accuracy went all to hell, no idea why. I gave it away and went back to the factory block. Just my experience.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Prolly boogered with barrel harmonics.

Now if y'all could fit an LED in the Accu-strut.........

·
Formerly "raf"
3,318 Posts
Decent plastic rails, properly secured to the sides of the fore-end of a syn stock would be my choice. AL rails are more costly, and heavier, but more durable. Plastic rails for stuff that will not need much device installation/removal/re-installation. IOW, decent plastic rails are fine for semi-permanent installation of lights and so forth.

Can't find item linked near top of thread on Brownells site. Have reservations about it on account of critical nature of top cap and gas block torqueing. Will need to see credible reviews of such before forming an opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts