Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

This is just a suggestion guys, but with the panic in full swing, I would suggest that on any weapons system where you are well stocked with mags and ammo that you instead concentrate on spare parts. Springs of all types, gas rings for AR's, a spare trigger group, firing pins, extractor & ejector, etc.

Not much point in blowing $60 on one more mag when you have plenty for that weapons system. That money could have gone into a full set of springs and pins for an AR, AK, or M1A. Minis are a little harder to supply unfortunately. Still, a full set of springs with an extractor, ejector, and firing pin (aftermarket if necessary) seems to be a good idea to me.

You should also consider something for longer term storage - at least for some of your guns and mags. Consider the effects of a burglary or house fire now. You won't be able to replace lost equipment at all well. A spare rifle, pistol, and shotgun with accessories at an off-site location seems wise. No point in putting all your eggs in one basket.

So while all the others who didn't buy guns over the last year are panicking and scrambling for that "one last mag" or that $2200 used RR Arms AR, I think it would be better for those of us who thought ahead to be one step ahead of the pack and prep ahead on things that are still available at low cost.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck and all the best,
Grumpy

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
<_<Remember grumpy-that you can get parts/weapons -off your dead enemies.;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good point. We all know that woman are here to reload mags. If you have a really good woman, you will only need two mags. The one you are using, and the one she is reloading.

Meanwhile, break a small part and you are out of action.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Good point. We all know that woman are here to reload mags. If you have a really good woman, you will only need two mags. The one you are using, and the one she is reloading.

Meanwhile, break a small part and you are out of action.
Nah, a good woman is right there next to you with her own weapon dropping em like flies. Kids are for loading mags.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have to concure with the Origional poster, also why get side tracked on over priced ammo? The gouging of the milsurp stuff in a caliber of interest I have, caused me to buy the dies, and 120 rounds of reloadable ammo. for about the same price the sealed spam cans were being gouged at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts