Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've shot nothing but fiocchi brass thru my mini since purchase, maybe 300 rnds total
was sighting it in this weekend (new scope) from a rest, and i started getting spent cases hung up (caught sideways b/t the bolt & the chamber). i would rack it and clear it and the next round would chamber

finally the bolt got suck...with the hammer in the open position behind it
i pushed the hammer back down with a screwdriver, pulled the trigger group out, and knocked the stuck case free with a cleaning rod from the muzzle end. i then was able to clear the case and pull the bolt back

the bolt looks fine, except that it is rubbed "gold" i guess from the brass cases
i cleaned and reassembled the rifle and it is cycling fine now
there was no corrosion or fouling at the chamber that i could see

is this an ammo issue?
it never happened before shooting it from the shoulder

· Registered
32 Posts
sounds more like a cleaning issue.
Disassemble the action and look for any wear spots. See how well they cycle manually, reassemble and lube.
Should in all likelihood be fine.
Just sounds like it got gunked up. Also check your gas tube and ports to make sure they are not clogged as that can affect function

· Registered
32 Posts
that was my first thought (gunk) but the rifle was shiny clean and well lubed
no recoil buffers

how do i check gas tube & ports?
visually inspect the ports for a clog or debris. You can also put a bit of solvent down it if it looks dirty but I would follow that with a blast of compressed air.
They are self-cleaning, in concept if not function, and shouldn't need cleaning. That said, you have a problem with your action and well, that is where it derives its power from.

Again, I think you just needed to clean and lubricate the chamber and bolt, which you have done, and now it works. Don't sweat it too much.
I would actually try some more of that ammo and see how it does now - I bet it is fine ...

· Registered
10,504 Posts
Give the gun a good cleaning, use a chamber brush or I took an aluminum cleaning rod and bent at a 90 degree angle and use a 9mm pistol brush for chamber cleaning. Take down the guide rod for the op handle/block assembly and clean it to, watch to make sure you pay attention the tang on the guide rod goes closest to the barrel. Lightly oil the rod and moving parts of the op/handle assembly, this will help when shooting dirty ammo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.