Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a reasonably priced light and laser combo for my tactical mini. I've seen the Streamlight TLR-4 and it seems to get good reviews. Can anyone suggest something else for me to look at in the same or cheaper price range?

The issue I have with the TLR-4 is that the light is only 110 lumens and the operating time is only 1.5 hours. I would like to get something with an improvement one or both of these.

Also, I've seen $40-70 combos on various sites that have mixed reviews. Can anyone confirm a good buy in that price range?

Edit: If it makes any difference, I'm getting an ATI stock with aluminium rails and will be mounting it on one of the side rails.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've been looking for a reasonably priced light and laser combo for my tactical mini. I've seen the Streamlight TLR-4 and it seems to get good reviews. Can anyone suggest something else for me to look at in the same or cheaper price range?

The issue I have with the TLR-4 is that the light is only 110 lumens and the operating time is only 1.5 hours. I would like to get something with an improvement one or both of these.

Also, I've seen $40-70 combos on various sites that have mixed reviews. Can anyone confirm a good buy in that price range?

Edit: If it makes any difference, I'm getting an ATI stock with aluminium rails and will be mounting it on one of the side rails.
The cheapo laser/lights are just that, cheap junk. It seems to me that around 300 bucks is the neighborhood of a qaulity laser/light. Another option is to mount oh say a streamlight polytac to the side of the forearm, cant be beat for a 40 dollar light, i blinded my self for a good 10 minutes with one before. I know this doesnt give you a laser but you may find you dont need it as much as you though?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up ordering the Streamlight TLR-4 for $130. I have a quality scope and 45º sights already. To be honest the laser/light is simply a tacticool addition that might not stay on the gun at all times. I'll post up a review after I've had it for awhile.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I ended up ordering the Streamlight TLR-4 for $130. I have a quality scope and 45º sights already. To be honest the laser/light is simply a tacticool addition that might not stay on the gun at all times. I'll post up a review after I've had it for awhile.
I'd really like to see pics of this beast!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the earlier version of the TLR4 and I think its light is rated at about 80 lumins. Its plenty bright at night for lighting and lasering pigs out to about 100 yds. 50-75 yards is more of a max comfortable range though, but thats more shooting, not light capability. Most night shooting takes place at 20 yards or less. It is the single best adder to the rifle other than the Ruger 20 round magazine.

Wil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.