Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one of these? They kinda have my interest for a purchase.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have one. I prefer doubles for HD, and have one concealed at each outside entrance and one in each bedroom. My wife prefers her Mossy 20 gauge double, but can handle any of the 12s if necessary. I like the Condor O/U, it has 18" barrels now, and like all of my doubles has 2 rounds rubber banded to the back end of the barrels, and a 6 shot butt cuff with 00 buck (the 2 on the barrel are #4 buck) the 00 buck are for those that did not get the hint from the first 2 shots. The Condor is very easy to mount, breaks open very easily after a few break in rounds, and has a neat picatinny rail on the top for dot optic if one so prefers, I don't prefer, it has a big dot luminous front sight which works fine for its intended purpose. The other doubles that serve HD service are 2 Stoeger SXS, a nice Chinese hammer gun worked over by Great West Gun smithing, and a Browning SXS (I did not chop it came that way). I think a double gun has as much or more intimidating factor as anything else around. Actually, anyone contemplating an unlawfully entry at our place first has to deal with Ruger, he is a Shepherd/Ridgeback mix who brings 95 pounds of solid surly muscle and solid ivory teeth to the party, and he hates folks with bad intentions, and he and us seem to agree totally on who those folks might be.
Get the Condor, if you don't like it, I will buy it off you, great gun.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a good number of shotguns and have been shooting them all my life. Some very expensive. I wanted a OV for Deer Hunting. I do a lot of hiking into bad terrain and wanted a 20" barrel with chokes. There are quite a few members of my Hunt club that carry The Stoeger OV Condor and they highly recommended it. And these guys have true blue long time hunters. I borrowed one, shot it and was sold. A very solid gun. Since owning it I have put quite a bit of BUCKSHOT through this gun Actually quite a bit, testing various loads and chokes. I am totally pleased for such a nice gun especially at the low price range. I would not use it for skeet or trap, but for hunting deer/Turkey it is a performer. Bravo To Stoeger.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would not hesitate to buy one if I found a good deal. I say that due to my experience with my Stoeger Coach Gun which I have owned for 9 years.

Never a problem but I have only taken it to the range to shoot and let other people enjoy it. I have heard some people claim they won't hold up to repeated use such as competition, but so far mine has been good to go.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Nothing like re-opening a six year old thread. I am sure spacewolf figured this out a while ago. I have a Condor regular length. Only issue is the auto safety hence removed and the front hand guard has become loose.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL ! A blast from the past , yeah , bought one , okay short barrelled 12 ga . , sits in the back of the safe , I call it the bitch from Brazil , covers a garage door sized area , who knows , yeah the safety has to be changed to avoid having to flip it back on for follow up second shot which is inertia activated . neat gun and surprisingly well made . company owned by benelli I believe . Bought on a whim , yeah it is a keeper , uses browning invector chokes , not sure , think so , ...right choke and load , could be a good short range bird gun .

·
Registered
52 Posts
It uses any choke tubes for Beretta Mobile chokes. And this alone makes it worth the price of admission. One of the best buys I have made in the Shotgun world. Any other OV you will spend big bucks on, hard to fine a 20's barrel and especially chokes.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
The conversion of the safety from activate upon opening to activate when I want to activate is actually pretty simple. Need a punch, a long socket and some other minor tools to fix the problem. Easily reversible. It also makes opening it easier since you don't have to add force needed for the safety. There are more than a few videos posted to walk you through the process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts