Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've got a stock Mini 582 with Butler Folder I bought for $38 on clearance. I like the folding, but Butler doesn't cut it. However, I don't have $800 for the Sage either. As a paraplegic paralyzed from chest down, need to keep weight low and balance towards the back so I don't fall forward. I like the looks of archangel and actually begged them to build for mini even before I had one.
Where to start? thoughts?
thanks,
Cheesehead by birth, Mud duck by marriage

401 Posts
Hi,
I've got a stock Mini 582 with Butler Folder I bought for $38 on clearance. I like the folding, but Butler doesn't cut it. However, I don't have $800 for the Sage either. As a paraplegic paralyzed from chest down, need to keep weight low and balance towards the back so I don't fall forward. I like the looks of archangel and actually begged them to build for mini even before I had one.
Where to start? thoughts?
thanks,
Cheesehead by birth, Mud duck by marriage
Here is one made by Choate
Choate Machine & Tool - Mini-14 Side Folding Stock - Product Details

Could you use a 5 or 6 position collapsible stock like the one on an M4. It might help keep the weight/center of gravity more towards the rear. I have this stock and for the price seems to be a descent piece.
Choate Machine & Tool - Mini 14/Mini 30 M4 Telescoping Pistol Grip Stock - Product Details

Getting the barrel chopped making it an sbr might be part of the formula as well. Of course you need that tax stamp from the feds before doing any cutting. Something like this but with the collapsible stock would keep the center of gravity closer to you.

Welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.