Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the proper way to bed a stock on the mini?Do you need to remove the sheet metal heat guard on a synthetic stock?should you place bedding compound on the tip of the hand guard were the stock fits into lower gas block? Should I use a metal bearing bedding compound to act as a heat sheild?Should I install the trigger group and clamp down on the main barrel/reciver group?Just some questions before I Might try it.Aldo

·
Registered
689 Posts
Aldo I'm not sure on a Mini you might check out (do a search) M14 and M1 garand stock bedding techniques. The reciever and trigger assym. are similar. My brother has a ranch model bedded in a laminate stock that he had an area gunsmith do. This was about 4yrs. ago and I think he paid $50.00. I've done a mauser 98 in a cheap Boyds stock along time ago and used Acraglas. Just make sure you get a release agent though and some masking tape the stuff I used was kinda messy. Aldo do you work afternoons? See you post late at night like me. Good luck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Shoot this guy an email if you get stuck (not literally "stuck", God forbid) [email protected] Among other things, ha has created his own video on bedding the mini. He knows the mini and is a deep well of knowledge on the subject of accurizing. I think his video runs $15.00 or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts