Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a stock 10/22 make a good match gun for the 12-14 year old. I have one thats been tuned a little and shoots better than I can.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Although I love shooting the fun little carbine, I've heard that the 10/22 sporter is more accurate (no barrel strap); although it's more than twice the price. If it's a match rifle, I assume slight difference in accuracy is important. I'm playing around with a 10/22 carbine where I replaced the barrel and essentially removed the barrel strap. I'll give you a range report the next time I go.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I took the new and old 10/22 to the range to test. I am in love with the new rifle (although I am still learning it's personality). I've shot first-2-shots groups in a single hole at 50 yards. 10 shot groups are easily put into an inch at 50 yards. What I like most, is that it emphasizes the problems in my technique, and by practicing with it, it enhances my shooting with my old 10/22. My best groups were with the Federal "Gold Medal" ammo.

Unfortunately, because my old 10/22 has a red-dot scope (no magnification, and I don't want to alter my old gun) I can't really compare the accuracy of the two rifles. Both shoot better than my ability with their corresponding setups.

Favorite modification: Clark Custom trigger kit by far.....

Main problem: finicky rifle (jams from a number of reasons)

I will post a thread asking about the problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts