Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys: I have a home assembled lower, Surplus Ammo & Arms, put together with a Double star parts kit. When I first assembled it, and during first test firing, I had a lot of fail to fires. The problem was that the disconnector was latching on to the hammer, and not releasing. I took it back apart and greased the hell out of the mating surfaces on the disconnector and hammer, and had no problems til today. I did the 15 minute trigger job, cleaned everything up and reassembled. Again several ftf's on the first clip. Took it apart and found that I had not greased the disconnector. Question, should the disconnector latch on the trigger that tight? Should I try to smooth the surfaces of the disconnector and hammer? Or just keep greasing.
:unsure:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
You could try smoothing it. It shouldn't need to be greased to work. It should be able to run dry it had to. I would look around for a RRA trigger or something to replace it with if it were me. I hate stock AR triggers anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.