Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my Stevens 416 military target rifle out the other day. I shot my first 50 foot target with a score of 87 out of 100. Not a perfect score but dang nice considering The age of the rifle and My lack of practice. The rifle is in vary nice shape with a near mint bore. The receiver is marked U.S. Property which means it more than likely was built some time ago for the Army small bore team. The gent I got this rifle from bought it through the NRA. I am vary pleased with it and plan on a few more outings with it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice rifle, love the double duces....no matter what flavor. That appears to have a 10 round magazine, instead of the factory five rounder. It would be nice if they still made some 22`s with 26" barrels......very quite report. The Model 416 was made from 1937 to 1949. Many of the makers of those days built target 22`s for the US......I have a minty Mossberg 44US, that retains bluing, verse`s the military "park" finish, once they were rebuilt. Regards LTS

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am also a big fan of the "Double Duce". I am also working on a deal to get a Remington model 37 Rangemaster with olympic sights. I love the trigger the Remington has and it should work great for the 50 yard event. I do most of my shooting standing or kneeling and that old Savage just knocks out bull after bull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.