Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I aquired a stevens 200 the other day in a .308, taking it apart I noticed that the blind magazine has a metal flange that secures the magazine box and that flange inturn is secured by the rear action screw, this is some what different setup than the savage model 11 which I also have. I put a timney trigger in it and shot some groups with various loads and then put the 308 into the m-11 stock leaving out the stevens set-up the gun went from just a hair above moa to 1/2 moa with the same loads. Has any body bedded this stevens set-up with good results. Both the stevens and savage are synthetic stocks and are Identicle except for the mag set-up, would like to here comments from you guys.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I see no reason at all why you could not bed the stock.
It may require a little different bedding as to where the bedding compound goes around the mag well, but I'm sure you could figure a way to get it bedded with no problems.
You might have to fill the mag well with tin foil covered with a layer of clay to keep the bedding material out of the mag well.
I'll have to look at one and then I can give you a better answer.

John K

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to bed the recoil lug for sure, I read at another site that the rear of the reciever needs to float (not sure about that) but flange has me puzzled, if I can find a good enough camera and lighting I'll take some pics of it. The stock still has the pillars,only the flange goes between the action and pillar at the rear screw. I can't figure out why they decided to do it that way, it actually has more parts now than the old design, that doesn't seem like it would be cost prohibited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts