Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy fellas.
Just received s/s flash hider for my mini. The finish is shiny and I'd like to dull it to somewhat the appearance of the matte finish on the barrel. Looking for a home remedy. Have a few ideas, but thought I'd ask for suggestions just the same.
Thanks Grotz

·
Registered
6 Posts
I may be a little late on this one. But if you haven't started yet...

Let me start by saying that I've never done this. But IF I had to come up with a home remedy, I'd use steel wool starting with #0000 and work my way up. Start in a very small area to test it. Post your results! Win or loose, someone may learn from your experience. GOOD LUCK!!! :usa:

·
Registered
28 Posts
grotz, If you haven't tried anything yet, one method you could use is to soak it in 15% Sulfuric (battery acid) or 15% Muratic Acid (available from most hardware stores) for roughly 10 minutes....then flush it with plenty of clean water, then submerge it in vinegar, this will neutralize any acid residue on it...the acid will "pickle" the stainless and give it a factory look to the finish...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.