Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know nothing about these guns. Springfield states, if not clearly, that they brought these guns in (as opposed to designing them themselves).

Are they any good? For the $$, anyhow?

Registered
Good pistol and I believe it won some awards a few years back. The question is, what is springfield selling them for....as opposed to what they sold for as HS2000`s. LTS

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Full retail (SA, Inc.'s retail) is $489, any caliber (9mm, .40cal, .357Sig)

Registered
The original HS 2000 was in 9mm, cost was $239.95 and full bore retail $410.00...it appears that springfield gets extra for handling them, since they bought out exsisting inventories. What else is new, huh?

Featured in American Handgunner November/December 2000 issue. Regards LTS

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info.

Registered
here is what i know

originaly called HS2000 and was designed in Croatia. It was marketed for ~$289 but did not go over well. Now springfield is their distributer. Overall it seems like a pretty nice gun.

Registered
I can tell you why the HS2000 didn't do to well. It was the marketing, they were selling a good gun entirely to cheap. No one thinks you can buy a good quality gun like a Glock or HK for $289, but if they only new how cheap it really cost Glock or HK to produce their polymer frame pistols, they would have a fit. I remeber when Glocks first came out, BPD was getting them for about $300 each, now look how much they cost, and yet nothing has really changed on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts