Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes....Monday I had a positive blood test for Rocky Mtn. Spotted Fever..........a female spotted tick burrowed under my skin & laid eggs, then I scratched her out in my sleep like a dog......bloody sheets, trash in the blood etc.
next morn (Monday) I had sudden severe flu symptoms & just happened to have a Dr's appt that afternoon.
Tested RMSF+ meaning I have larvae in my bloodstream & have to kill them w/ MISERABLE FREAKING antibiotics......
Also have a pre ordered I.V. antibiotic bag hanging in the local E.R. in case the spots on my legs get worse, or I start having liver pain / tingling.......

at least i'll be forever immune when I come thru this clean.....

Any other Spotted Fever survivors here?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've never had it. It sounds horrible, glad that you got it taken care of.

Reactions: Rockys Pop

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I had a bout with it about 10 years ago...ended up in the ER for an afternoon but my case wasn't as bad as yours.

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a bout with it about 10 years ago...ended up in the ER for an afternoon but my case wasn't as bad as yours.
The IV sulfa you probably got in the ER likely saved your life.....since the early '70s the new wonder drugs have increased RMSFs survivability from +/- 50% to +/- 92% today.
today was day 4 of the 10 day superbiotic regimen i'm on.......

·
Cognitive Dissident
2,761 Posts
Sorry to hear of your ordeal. It's a terrible disease.

Luckily, it's fairly rare.

You just got unlucky.

It's been around for a long time. I remember my dad talking about it when I was a kid.

He told me we don't have it here in Minnesota.

Lucky for me. I must have had many thousands of ticks on me in the 15 years we lived in the woods when I was just a kid running free.

Good luck with your treatment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts