Perfect Union banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Lula speedloader for AK mags, but it doesn't work on the Mini-30 mags. I've scoured the net, but find no info of anyone making a speedloader for the mini-30... does anybody know of one?

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
unfortunately no - however the stripper clip guide for the SK and AK can be modded to fit the M30 mags enableing use of 10rd stripper clips to load the mag. takes some practice but once you discover the correct method loading a 20rd mag is a snap and quick too.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The guide for SKS is cast into the the bolt carrier. No real way to mod it for minis.
The AK guide might be able to mod to fit. It takes the 10 round SKS stripper clips.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I use the Ak loader that feeds 10 on strips. You have to hold the mag right but its not hard. I might try to modify for a perfect fit

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, you have to buy the strips, load the strips, then use the speedloader to load the mags?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yup. That is the way it works. Stripper clips are cheap reusable and you can carry a whole bunch of them easily. You can buy pouches that hold 4 or 5 clips. Or chest packs that hold over 250 rounds.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I modified a standard M16 guide to work on SKS stripper clips when I built my
7.62x39 AR upper. It took only a few minutes and a few hand tools.
I would try the same with the cheaper AR guide before I'd try to mod the more expensive Ruger guides.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ironically, there seems to be nothing "speedy" about the multi-step loading process....

Sort of like driving 20 minutes out of your way to avoid 10 minutes of traffic.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ironically, there seems to be nothing "speedy" about the multi-step loading process....

Sort of like driving 20 minutes out of your way to avoid 10 minutes of traffic.
Very true. But I do it for storage of ammo and future.. situations.
It's like driving 20 minutes today, so that tomorrow morning you can make that meeting that you can not risk being late for.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Very true. But I do it for storage of ammo and future.. situations.
It's like driving 20 minutes today, so that tomorrow morning you can make that meeting that you can not risk being late for.
So true. Not to mention that the Yugo ammo I bought is already loaded onto stripper clips.
As I use up that stuff, I take the clips and reload whatever cheap stuff I want into them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts