Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my 5 magazine limit the other day and I cant help but wonder how long they will be backordered. Im a first time ruger buyer and Im not used to their business so should be worried enough to grab the aftermarket crap at the local store? Or are they usually good at getting manufacturing going? Thanks yall!

·
Registered
58 Posts
No telling when they will ship. I was going to order from Ruger since you can place a backorder order bit since I live in CA and wanted them shipped to Oklahoma they would not sell to me because my billing address is in a state that bans 20+ round mags and clips. Crappy deal.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ruger is probably sniffing the political air very carefully now. At a certain point they might "discontinue" high cap mini mags and not even ship what they have already manufactured, voluntarily.

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that wouldnt be cool. If they are grandfathered and people order them they should make and ship. I do hope they make and ship them sooner rather then later as by the day Im regretting my purchase...and I havent even taken the rifle home yet let alone shoot it. To be honest its not the rifles fault, Im just giving in to the shortage fears and stories about ruger backorders being common.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
As long as they are taking backorders, I think we are okay. What disturbs me is when I see a large politically connected company refusing backorders on things like magazines. That could be that their system is overwhelmed, or it could be that they have been tipped that a deal is in the works and don't want to be on the hook for anything past "X" day.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope its just a little congestion. I really want the mini 30 to work out for me as I didnt want an AR and lets face it an m1a is a pipe dream for what they are asking let alone the wait for one of them. Crossing my fingers that Ill get the rifle this week (doubtful) and hopefully they will start production again very soon. As if the aftermarket stock didnt cause me enough trouble now it could be magazines too. But I have to think positive thoughts.

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
Currently have 2 - 20 rnd Ruger Mini 14 mags on backorder from Midway. Their projected shipment date is before end of January. They've never let me down so we'll have to wait and see on this order.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Ruger was overwhelmed before the panic. Go with aftermarket for now.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Ruger is probably sniffing the political air very carefully now. At a certain point they might "discontinue" high cap mini mags and not even ship what they have already manufactured, voluntarily.
Bill Ruger is long gone. The current management team are responsible for retooling and improving the Mini's. Also for bringing back the high cap mags and introducing the 20 rnd mini 30 mags. I don't think they will knuckle under to political pressure unless they are forced to by a legislative ban. They are taking backorders which seems like a good sign to me. The only question is do they have enough time to produce all the mags before a ban law stops them?

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Currently have 2 - 20 rnd Ruger Mini 14 mags on backorder from Midway. Their projected shipment date is before end of January. They've never let me down so we'll have to wait and see on this order.
Thats good news. I hope they meet that deadline for me as well.

Ruger was overwhelmed before the panic. Go with aftermarket for now.
Thats what had me worried when I was purchasing. I will probably buy the ones at the store just in case, but finding anything for a mini 30 (online or in a store) is next to impossible these days...even aftermarket.

Bill Ruger is long gone. The current management team are responsible for retooling and improving the Mini's. Also for bringing back the high cap mags and introducing the 20 rnd mini 30 mags. I don't think they will knuckle under to political pressure unless they are forced to by a legislative ban. They are taking backorders which seems like a good sign to me. The only question is do they have enough time to produce all the mags before a ban law stops them?
Lets hope. Im thinking things are looking good after what got shot down in IL.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Which one of the after markets are you calling crap?

Ordered my 5 magazine limit the other day and I cant help but wonder how long they will be backordered. Im a first time ruger buyer and Im not used to their business so should be worried enough to grab the aftermarket crap at the local store? Or are they usually good at getting manufacturing going? Thanks yall!
I have 5 promag 20 rd mags that work as well as my Rugers. And The polymer mags I hear good things about here.:cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got some 20 rounders on backorder from midway myself due in on 1/11 they said at the time I ordered. Still listed on the site but says no backorders accepted now. Good luck to everybody.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well I just heard back from CTD and not very happy.I ordered two mags and now 3 days shy of a month,I received an email (I initiated) stating there was no back order and my money would be refunded.I cannot see doing business with them in the future.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well I just heard back from CTD and not very happy.I ordered two mags and now 3 days shy of a month,I received an email (I initiated) stating there was no back order and my money would be refunded.I cannot see doing business with them in the future.
I can't belive you were willing to pay there prices. Try MidwayUSA.com, they kept there prices low but there is a 2 mag limit.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I swore them off when I saw they were selling BX-25s (for the 10/22) at $59.99. I turned around and bought 2 from MidwayUSA for $21.99 each.

I have a hard time trusting those who would take advantage of their customers like that -- we're all supposed to be sticking together here.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.