Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking hard at a 2 point Spector sling for my mini. I currently have a canvas military sling and find I cannot position the rifle in front of me and shoulder it quickly as the webbing is too short.

For those of you with the Spector, does the front attachment get in the way of your sight picture using iron sights?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nope. I have this sling on my 581-series Mini-14 and the front sight is still plainly visible.

Without making modifications to the Mini, this is probably the best 2 point "tactical" type sling for them. Works pretty much like a VTAC or VCAS basically.

I've used the sling on my Mini through two carbine course without issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think Amazon has them , but they go through opticplanet. I'm interested too, and I also think the mag pouch that goes with the sling might be a good thing, but 70 bux for the pair is a bit steep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just ordered on from Amazon. I too was looking at the mag pouch but had similar thoughts about the cost. Also, there is something to be said about simplicity on such a firearm (the reason I decided not to go with a three point sling).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, great! I hope it works out for you, so I will be watching to see if you are kind enough to give a review. I am retiresd, so I have to think about what I spend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.