Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my buddies had his house broken into several months ago and ALL of his guns/ammo/armorers kit were stolen. He was an Active Duty Marine and one of our 2111's. He had a custom built M4 that he used for 3 gun that he had sunk almost $4k into and it has a very distinctive hex cut barrel just like the DM rifle that I built and posted on here. He also had 3 HK pistols, a 12 ga, and several other weapons stolen.

His insurance only covered $2k and the NRA ins that he had covered another $1.5k or so.. Needless to say he was pretty heartbroken especially after waiting 6 months for the barrel and planning every little detail of the M4 while we were on our last deployment.

I have never seen another AR with these barrels around here or anywhere else for that matter. His build was on a Spikes lower with a Mega upper.

I FOUND his rifle on armslist last night with all the ammo that I had sold him previous to the theft. I called him up and sent him the link to confirm that it was his rifle and he called me back so excited that he could barely get any words out of his mouth.

He notified the detective working his case and he said that they would "work on it". We went back and checked the sellers account and it turns out that this is the 3rd time he has posted this rifle the first post being about 3 days after the robbery.

All in all I really hope my buddy gets his guns back as he is not EAS'd and can't afford to rebuild and re purchase his guns.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they aren't really doing much.. One of the other guys here at work messaged the guy and he already recieved a reply so they are trying to work a meet up and just tell the detectives what is going on so they show up. Failing that they just plan on calling the patrol division before the meet up so they can hopefully get a uniform on site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm no detective, but let's not give this guy any chance to know that you are in the process of catching him... Wait until after the arrest and give us the good news!

Wish you all the best.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
;) thats why I didn't post a link to the Armslist ad

I could see one of the DB's (trolls) on here trying to tip him off just to be a dick.

I really hope he gets it back..

Key take away points:
1.) have a gunsafe
2.) have adequate insurance specifically for firearms
3.) Don't advertise to your neighbors that you have guns by carrying them in cases that scream GUN INSIDE

On another note when I tried to insure my guns on my current homeowners insurance policy they wanted pics and serial #'s.. I didn't end up getting the policy because I didn't want to give that info up. I did record the SN's by photo and in a logbook that I keep for exactly that purpose in a completely seperate part of the house that no one would look in for valuables.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my buddies were able to use the email addy that the guy used to reply and located him on facebook and found out where he works. The detective went ahead and told them to set up the meet to "purchase" the gun and that he would be nearby in his car to arrest the guy when he showed up. So all that remains is for the guy to show up with the rifle.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the Ins didn't pay enough to cover all the guns anyways.. and he didn't insure any specific guns it was just in the generic policy that he got that they would cover x number of dollars for theft. They cleaned him out of his electronics as well. The police said that he would get his guns back if they recover them... once the investigation is concluded... so probably not...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And evidently since the guns were marketed online then it also becomes a federal offense kind of like an interstate sale would be.. According to one of my SSgt's here who had a Marine go to federal prison for 15 years (1 yr per firearm stolen). After he was caught by local LEO the feds came down and prosecuted him.

·
ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
One of my buddies had his house broken into several months ago and ALL of his guns/ammo/armorers kit were stolen. He was an Active Duty Marine and one of our 2111's. He had a custom built M4 that he used for 3 gun that he had sunk almost $4k into and it has a very distinctive hex cut barrel just like the DM rifle that I built and posted on here. He also had 3 HK pistols, a 12 ga, and several other weapons stolen.

His insurance only covered $2k and the NRA ins that he had covered another $1.5k or so.. Needless to say he was pretty heartbroken especially after waiting 6 months for the barrel and planning every little detail of the M4 while we were on our last deployment.

I have never seen another AR with these barrels around here or anywhere else for that matter. His build was on a Spikes lower with a Mega upper.

I FOUND his rifle on armslist last night with all the ammo that I had sold him previous to the theft. I called him up and sent him the link to confirm that it was his rifle and he called me back so excited that he could barely get any words out of his mouth.

He notified the detective working his case and he said that they would "work on it". We went back and checked the sellers account and it turns out that this is the 3rd time he has posted this rifle the first post being about 3 days after the robbery.

All in all I really hope my buddy gets his guns back as he is not EAS'd and can't afford to rebuild and re purchase his guns.
No offense, but tell your buddy if he can afford a 4 k rifle he should be able to afford a 10k safe, torch proof fort knoxx or something high quality.<_<

also, i know it is retarded, but try not to double post back to back, i personally been flamed for that among other retarded things

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
He got the rifle back... Well its in police custody. It turns out that they found out who did the break-in. The rifle had been sold twice since then and they were able to back-track it. The police are trying to gather enough info to get a warrant right now and my buddy should have his rifle back in about a month supposedly. The rear takedown pin and buffer tube had been broken though so he has to fix that.

to answer Drache: He now has a very high quality safe.. in fact that is what the entire insurance pay out went to.. He had a safe previously and they took it along with everything else. I didn't post that before because I assumed that he didn't have one, however, he is sitting here next to me now and he told me that he had one... Since he rents (base housing) he was not allowed to modify the house in order to bolt the safe down to the floor so it got carted off intact.. and he lives in another house in another part of town where he can bolt it down..

No word on his 3 H&K pistols or the partially complete Ar-10 style rifle or his wife's M4 or shotgun though

·
ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
He got the rifle back... Well its in police custody. It turns out that they found out who did the break-in. The rifle had been sold twice since then and they were able to back-track it. The police are trying to gather enough info to get a warrant right now and my buddy should have his rifle back in about a month supposedly. The rear takedown pin and buffer tube had been broken though so he has to fix that.

to answer Drache: He now has a very high quality safe.. in fact that is what the entire insurance pay out went to.. He had a safe previously and they took it along with everything else. I didn't post that before because I assumed that he didn't have one, however, he is sitting here next to me now and he told me that he had one... Since he rents (base housing) he was not allowed to modify the house in order to bolt the safe down to the floor so it got carted off intact.. and he lives in another house in another part of town where he can bolt it down..

No word on his 3 H&K pistols or the partially complete Ar-10 style rifle or his wife's M4 or shotgun though
Cool. Too bad sometimes I guess you need to put up landmines to keep out sticky fingered people.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The police in So Kal are in no hurry to respond to reports of home burglary. My doggie foiled the burglars a few months ago. She works for deli dog bites from Bass Pro Shops. A better return than my property taxes for darn sure!

fishslayerbob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.