61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I am behind on posting my projects, I recently moved and was a little pre-occupied

Here is an H&R model 926 that I refinished the cylinder and base pin on.

[/quote]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Here is the one from April, another Remington 512 Sportmaster 22 rifle

before and after

blog posts:

[/quote]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
and from May a pre-64 Winchester model 70

before and after pictures

blog posts:

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
553 Posts
You steamed the dents , the center chatter mark, and top gouge, so very well. I assumed you applied water puddles and let it soak ... then repeatedly steamed the dents till they raised enough.
Your sanding and refinish with oil & semi gloss are great.
As for the prep on the metal , that is equally good or better. What product did you choose for the rich blue-black ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
You steamed the dents , the center chatter mark, and top gouge, so very well. I assumed you applied water puddles and let it soak ... then repeatedly steamed the dents till they raised enough.
Your sanding and refinish with oil & semi gloss are great.
As for the prep on the metal , that is equally good or better. What product did you choose for the rich blue-black ?
I steamed them out as much as they could be, then sanded the rest. The bluing solution is a mixture of Lye (sodium hydroxide) and sodium nitrate mixed with filtered water, then heated to 270-290 degrees

·
Registered
953 Posts
A-maaazing!! They're all beautiful. Very nice work that you did restoring the Winchester model 1906.22 pump.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Another one, this is a cheap little Stevens model 73, only needed the barrel reblued and a good cleaning, came out pretty nice

before and after pics

Blog Posts:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Here is another one I did: a Remington 511 Scoremaster, the owner brought me the parts about 3/4s polished, so I finished the polishing, blued them and painted the ready-fire and safe indicators as well as did some nitre bluing on some small parts

This is the result

blog post:

·
Cognitive Dissident
2,707 Posts
You have quite a talent!

Well done.

Reactions: cleanodeano

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Thanks! My hope is to inspire others to save old rusty guns

Here is another one, this is the 4th S&W model 19 I have refinished. This one looked like it took a tumble on the concrete.

Before and After pics

blog posts

61 - 71 of 71 Posts