Perfect Union banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
A bead is the fastest, ghost ring is fast at close range and rifle sights are fairly fast and the most accurate especially when shooting slugs at longer distances

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I like a ghost ring and bead style sight on my rifles. I have open rifle sights on my slug gun, never though of a ghost ring for that, may have to look into that. Of course I never hunt with the shotgun anyway, just more of a home protection type set-up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would think that, given all the variables in how we "feel" on a given day, only some averages, on an electronic shooting timer, will give any real data on this. It would also have to be done at varying ranges, but sticking to the same size target. Furthermore, the starting position would have to be the same each time, and the different sights would all have to be on the same gun. Testing this properly is going to be very expensive with 12 ga slugs! Also, nobody has just a front bead on their rifle barrel. I use a sort of "express rifle" v-notch on my fighting rifle. I tried the ghost ring on aerial targets, and it was just not fast enough.

·
Troll Fister
138 Posts
I would think that, given all the variables in how we "feel" on a given day, only some averages, on an electronic shooting timer, will give any real data on this. It would also have to be done at varying ranges, but sticking to the same size target. Furthermore, the starting position would have to be the same each time, and the different sights would all have to be on the same gun. Testing this properly is going to be very expensive with 12 ga slugs! Also, nobody has just a front bead on their rifle barrel. I use a sort of "express rifle" v-notch on my fighting rifle. I tried the ghost ring on aerial targets, and it was just not fast enough.
John, the plastic gun from the arcade game "duck hunt" with the cable cut off of it does not constitute a "fighting rifle"

Just saying...

I mean, are you really so stupid as to admit to possesing a firearm, Convict?

You got nuthin, cupcake.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huh?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think thats a good idea, although why do it with 12 ga?

Couldnt it be done with 20 ga or 410 ga as well?

The only thing were testing is how fast you can pull it up, aim, and squeeze of an accurate slug.

·
Troll Fister
138 Posts
so you are so ignorant about the means of properly evaluating speed that all you can say is "huh?" :)
so using an electronic timer, how many prision blowjobs were you able to give to "completion" in 5 minutes. Inquiring minds want to know.

rumor has it you were pretty dang popular on the block, Convict.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so you are so ignorant about the means of properly evaluating speed that all you can say is "huh?" :)
I repeat, "huh?"

I admit I'm just a good 'ol boy and none too wise on the millisecond specifics of properly evaluating speed in a scientific setting, but I gotta say...does it really matter?

The bead seems fastest after my casual testing. Do I know by how much? No. Do I care? No. I'm a working man.

·
Troll Fister
138 Posts
Crow, you seem like a pretty decent fellowand you are pretty new to the board by your post count.

soooooo...

a word of advice - google "gunkid" and read up on him - Donnel is gunkid under a different name.

there is no use in trying to actually have a conversation with the man.

either ignore him or rip on him for your own amusement... but dont expect to have an inteligent give and take with him. :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crow, you seem like a pretty decent fellowand you are pretty new to the board by your post count.

soooooo...

a word of advice - google "gunkid" and read up on him - Donnel is gunkid under a different name.

there is no use in trying to actually have a conversation with the man.

either ignore him or rip on him for your own amusement... but dont expect to have an inteligent give and take with him. :lol:
Thanks for the tip. I did google "gunkid". Oh my, this is a kid who should not have a gun. I hate to side with then Dems on claims of faulty background checks, but in this case they got it right :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts