Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So i posted this in the new member forum but wasn't sure that was the best place. This is my first post, been a long time lurker and didn't want to waste space until I had something to contribute. So here goes; I have always been a fan of the bayonet. I know that in our ultra modern era they are kind of a relic (or at least thats what our dear leader said) but I think they are pretty sweet. Given that the GB models with the bayonet lug are quite a bit out of my price range and that I am a self taught hobby gun smith I have been toying with the idea of how to mount a bayonet on my mini 14. Toyed with the idea of a clamp on lug but thought that wouldn't look quite right. Happened on a CEMTE bayonet and lug at a recent gun show and the wheels in my head started spinning. Long story short I finished the rough in of the bayonet mount tonight. Here is a pic. Let me know your thoughts. If anyone wants details I'd be happy to provide. Probably been done before but thought I could share

Attachments

· Registered
145 Posts
That's cool, it looks great on the mini. I thought about trying something similar but I figured it would be like the issued bayonet the Marines gave me. Never used and buried at the bottom of my seabag so as not to loose valuable government gear. I kind of figured if the artillery guys needed to fix bayonets something had gone horrible wrong and we were screwed anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.